Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Do I Know You?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Do I Know You?

This is an attempt to recover an underexposed picture taken in a relatively dark building.

Do I Know You?

Thanks for taking a peek! Any suggestions for improvement would be warmly welcomed.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Do I Know You?

Frank

So far as the attempt has been cocnerned, it looks like it was a success to my eyes.

In terms of the compsition, do you think it needs that much space at the rigth hand side? I wondered what it would be like if you cropped some off that side.

Real Name
    John

Usually when I try to repair an underexposed image I get nothing but noise. Looks good.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Frank

So far as the attempt has been cocnerned, it looks like it was a success to my eyes.

In terms of the compsition, do you think it needs that much space at the rigth hand side? I wondered what it would be like if you cropped some off that side.
    Hi Donald, I wrestled with the cropping as I usually don't have an 'L' shaped subject. I thought of horizontal, but it might cut off more of the tail; vertical, but the majority of the body is horizontal; or square. I was also trying to hold to the Rule of Thirds, if possible. I'll try a square crop and see how it goes. I don't usually see a square crop on a color photo but as each picture is unique...

Do I Know You?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Usually when I try to repair an underexposed image I get nothing but noise. Looks good.
    Thank you John. I did get a significant amount of noise, particularly from the chin down to the paw, less so in the tail. I just kept playing with different combinations of layers and exposures to minimize the noise, sometimes at the loss of detail. The eyes were almost totally black so I tried my first attempt at retouching an eye. I had another shot with a better exposed eye to use as an example of what it should look like so maybe it worked.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Good work on the processing and on the 2nd square crop, Frank.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Thanks Willie! I'll post it to the Mini and see what others think. I really appreciate the guidance.

rob marshall

I think it has worked well. Nice tones. I think the creature is thinking "Thank heavens it's not Rob behind the camera, otherwise God knows what I'd end up like!"

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I think this is a Golden Lion Tamarin. Does anybody know if that is correct?