Ray

New tripod AND a full moon

New tripod AND a full moon

Had to try out the new tripod...C&C welcome

Real Name
    Seri

Re: New tripod AND a full moon

Ray, I've only just met you and you're in trouble already

That's one beautiful moon, but the reason I'm jealous is because I was out for most of last night trying to shoot the three-quarter waning, and tried all kinds of combinations of ISO, aperture and shutter speed, yet I couldn't get a single shot with even clear edges, no matter the seas

I can't see your Exif data. Would you be kind enough to explain how you get a shot like that?

Seri

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

For those of you with a particular interest in shooting the moon, you should click on 'Discussion Categories' in the menu bar above and from the list presented, click on 'astrophotography.

There have been lots of discussions and some speactular images on the subject in the past.

Real Name
    Ray

Seri,

Donald suggests an excellent link. Can I add http://www.adidap.com/2006/12/06/moo...ure-calculator. Just plug in the numbers, select the options, set it on manual and away you go. Most importantly, remember to hold your breath when you press the release.

Ray

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

It was a beautiful moon last night. Nice image.

Real Name
    Seri

Quote Originally Posted by Blueheeler View Post
    Seri,

Donald suggests an excellent link. Can I add http://www.adidap.com/2006/12/06/moo...ure-calculator. Just plug in the numbers, select the options, set it on manual and away you go. Most importantly, remember to hold your breath when you press the release.

Ray
    Thanks very much to you and Donald. That calculator sounds excellent - I'd never heard of such a thing before

I always hold my breath, prefering to be a sniper rather than a machine-gunner, but I also have a remote which has such a thick lead that I wonder if it causes more camera shake than it prevents when I use it.

And Mary, you can't have had a beautiful moon last night because it was sitting here right over the sea. I was watching it for hours, and you're half a world away

Seri

Real Name
    Donny

Hello, I hv some secret to share.. If you want to shot the full moon just set your camera to f/8 and 1/250sec and shoot..
    No need to use tripod, remote or hold your breath.. Already tried and works like magic....