Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Serenity

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

Serenity

Wanted to share this one as for me it simply captures the beauty of the ordinary in creation. It is only a field, but I find it serene and somehow calming, I could gaze at it, (the field that is not the photo) for a long time and not feel bored. I hope you like it.

Andrew-Bede

Serenity

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Serenity

What a beautiful image. It is serene and calming. I can see myself walking down that road for miles and miles with Lucy at my side- her leash loosely tied around my waist. Her nose would be up in the air sniffing all she could sniff and her head going side to side taking in all that she could see. Me, I'd be looking at the trees, the fence, the pebbles on the road, the tracks in the field, looking up around the bend, probably singing to whatever song was playing on my iPod and telling Lucy that I thought it was beautiful, too. What a beautiful place.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictine View Post
    Wanted to share this one as for me it simply captures the beauty of the ordinary in creation. It is only a field, but I find it serene and somehow calming, I could gaze at it, (the field that is not the photo) for a long time and not feel bored. I hope you like it.

Andrew-Bede

Serenity

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

The only thing not going for it, I think, is that area at the top of the field, just behind the tree in the mid-ground. I think it's blown. But even if you could to a bit of burning to darken up those trees right at the back, it would be less jarring on the eye.

Otherwise, very good use of that lens to bring us, as you and Mary say, a scene of peace and tranquility.

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    What a beautiful image. It is serene and calming. I can see myself walking down that road for miles and miles with Lucy at my side- her leash loosely tied around my waist. Her nose would be up in the air sniffing all she could sniff and her head going side to side taking in all that she could see. Me, I'd be looking at the trees, the fence, the pebbles on the road, the tracks in the field, looking up around the bend, probably singing to whatever song was playing on my iPod and telling Lucy that I thought it was beautiful, too. What a beautiful place.
    Thank you Mary for this, I am pleased that you like it. the spot is just over a slight hill and round a corner from where I live, 5 minutes at the most walking. I am very fortunate to live in such a lovely place.

Andrew-Bede

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The only thing not going for it, I think, is that area at the top of the field, just behind the tree in the mid-ground. I think it's blown. But even if you could to a bit of burning to darken up those trees right at the back, it would be less jarring on the eye.

Otherwise, very good use of that lens to bring us, as you and Mary say, a scene of peace and tranquility.
    Thanks Donald I am pleased that you like it. I am getting used to the lens a little and learning what is and is not appropriate for it. Thanks also for the advice.

Andrew-Bede