Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The dead heart of my town

Real Name
    Ken Outch

The dead heart of my town

Okay, so the story is this. Seymour gets the odd flood. And in the past when one threatened the local cemetery a small park was set up on higher ground in town. And the head stones from the early settlers of Seymour were relocated to the park and set up beside tree shaded walkways in what is called Pioneer Park. This park is well served with many bench seats and it is a very pleasant and peaceful spot to enjoy a bit of quiet solitude. I took these pics on my way home from the Supermarket. Normally Mrs Ucci is in a hurry to get home from such shopping trips and frowns on stopping for camera diversions. But at the moment she is gallivanting around somewhere in Greece. So, I am in charge of shopping expeditions and stops for shots are currently on the agenda

Re: The dead heart of my town

Hi, Ken! I'm sorry that this thread has gone around once with no comment. I have absolutely no head for them, at the moment and don't know what to say except - what a great story. Oh, and, your wife is in GREECE??? (Why does this strike me as funny?)

Real Name
    Richard

Very interesting images... As an amateur historian and genealogist, I love cemeteries (not enough to make any plans to move into one soon) and it shows a great amount of respect by the local inhabitants for the original settlers to move the cemetery to a safer (and quite lovely) location.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Hi, Ken! I'm sorry that this thread has gone around once with no comment. I have absolutely no head for them, at the moment and don't know what to say except - what a great story. Oh, and, your wife is in GREECE??? (Why does this strike me as funny?)
    Why be sorry mate? Maybe it doesn't deserve a comment? Who knows? Probably not even the proverbial 'goodness' knows.
    But thank you for viewing and commenting. Much appreciated. And Glenise will be out of the Greece and into Turkey later on this week. She sure picks great places to go. She tells me she has already 'done' the riots in Athens and is getting ready to move on and have a dekko at how the Syrian Refugees and the Turkish authorities are shaping up for their forthcoming dust-up.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Very interesting images... As an amateur historian and genealogist, I love cemeteries (not enough to make any plans to move into one soon) and it shows a great amount of respect by the local inhabitants for the original settlers to move the cemetery to a safer (and quite lovely) location.
    Thank you for viewing and commenting. Interesting that you share a hobby with us. My wife and I are both members of the local historical society and really into genealogy and family histories. Fascinating stuff.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Why be sorry mate? Maybe it doesn't deserve a comment? Who knows? Probably not even the proverbial 'goodness' knows.
    But thank you for viewing and commenting. Much appreciated. And Glenise will be out of the Greece and into Turkey later on this week. She sure picks great places to go. She tells me she has already 'done' the riots in Athens and is getting ready to move on and have a dekko at how the Syrian Refugees and the Turkish authorities are shaping up for their forthcoming dust-up.
    So it's just you and Bruno?

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    So it's just you and Bruno?
    Heck no, Katy N. There is a veritable mob of us here. There are Possum and Bill, the two evil Jack Russells who rule the roost, and our four other pets, Bronson, Bonnie, Penelope and Runt. FYI Bronson and Runt are two fully grown Aberdeen angus steers, Bonny is an Aberdeen Angus stud cow and Penny is a Hereford cow. All were hand raised from calves and will never go to Market. They are pets who come when called. They are not stupid as they twigged early in the piece that there usually an apple or some other treat on offer if they come when called. So, no, I am not lonely.
    Cheers
    Ken

I can just see the deep discussions, now....

(Did anyone else love the movie, Babe?)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    There are Possum and Bill, the two evil Jack Russells who rule the roost, and our four other pets, Bronson, Bonnie, Penelope and Runt. FYI Bronson and Runt are two fully grown Aberdeen angus steers, Bonny is an Aberdeen Angus stud cow and Penny is a Hereford cow.
    And people used to say I had a problem with tractors and sheep!

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    And people used to say I had a problem with tractors and sheep!
    We still do! ....don't you worry about that mate

and lovely story and shots Ken - the walk along the path 1 in particular.....and best wishes to your wee 4 legged family.... extras in 'Babe' I'm sure they could have been...

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    We still do! ....don't you worry about that mate

and lovely story and shots Ken - the walk along the path 1 in particular.....and best wishes to your wee 4 legged family.... extras in 'Babe' I'm sure they could have been...
    Thank you Kay