Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "Reinot"

Real Name
    Jarno

"Reinot"

Reinot are very popular in Finland. Originaly for elderly desingned, but now for everyone

"Reinot"
    Last edited by jappe; 6th July 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: "Reinot"

The older generation in Scotland (of which I am, of course, not one!), would call these 'baffies'.

Real Name
    Steve

We (in the US) call them slippers. This is because when wearing them you slip and fall down the stairs.
    Or it might be because they're easy to slip on. I could go either way I suppose.

I like the shot, but I think it would be better without the lower half.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The older generation in Scotland (of which I am, of course, not one!), would call these 'baffies'.
    I don't care what they call 'em. They look to me like they are sold in M&S which is a good reason to avoid them. (insert sad old git trying to look young and cool smilie here).

It's an interesting still-life shot though. Although perhaps a bit too much space at the bottom.

Real Name
    Jarno

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    I don't care what they call 'em. They look to me like they are sold in M&S which is a good reason to avoid them. (insert sad old git trying to look young and cool smilie here).

It's an interesting still-life shot though. Although perhaps a bit too much space at the bottom.
    Hahaa! the Reinot are not sold in M&S and if it so they are selling very quality pair of shoes...

Perhaps I could've cropped the bottom off the photo

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by jappe View Post
    Hahaa! the Reinot are not sold in M&S and if it so they are selling very quality pair of shoes...
    How do you know? Please don't tell me there are M&S branches in Finland. It's bad enough having them here in Wales. And I always thought of Finland as such a nice clean pure type of place...

Real Name
    Jarno

How do you know? Please don't tell me there are M&S branches in Finland. It's bad enough having them here in Wales. And I always thought of Finland as such a nice clean pure type of place...
    Rob, we dont have any M&S branches in Finland.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by jappe View Post
    Rob, we dont have any M&S branches in Finland.
    I'll move there next week! Reserve me a pair of Reinot, will you? http://www.reinokauppa.fi/product_catalog.php?c=1

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I'll move there next week! Reserve me a pair of Reinot, will you?
    Have you already got a pipe and woolly cardigans?

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Have you already got a pipe and woolly cardigans?
    No. May I borrow yours?

I honestly believe you could sell rabbit droppings if you pitched them right....but they will still look like rabbit droppings. Ugg boots, crocs and now these. They were all intended for people who have a waist line just beneath their armpits. I do believe you can purchase electrically heated versions of these in the classified ads in the back of the Sunday Express. If you buy your household gadgets from Bettaware and drive a Honda they may just be the thing

Rob M&S is a petit bourgeoisie instititution. It should be cherished and protected...English Heritage should snap them up and charge an entrance fee. I would pay to get in. I think its great. There is more German hardware on the car parks than a panzer division, the women look as if there faces were washed on the hot cycle by mistake and the blokes all look like the guy who comes to fit your kitchen. Tis the empire of the wage slave, the domain of the dominated, the kingdom of the leopard print thong. It is the only shop where you can see your whole life in grim sartorial mundanity. Without M&S how would we spot these people and avoid them. You can spot an M&S pair of chinos and an 'Italian' styled blazer a mile away. And when you spot that shrunken headed woman in her Per Una asexual summer dress you just know she is wearing matching undies from the push up and plummet range.

Anyway where would the block paving and patio heater crowd go when they are not hanging out in the gym or doing nice things at Centre Parks. At least when the Children of Tony Blair are contained in M&S we can keep an eye on them.....

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    ... the kingdom of the leopard print thong.
    You know me too well!