Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Misty experience

Real Name
    Dora B

Misty experience

I woke up early to catch some foggy shots, but I kept just few raindrops from morning mist
    C&C welcome,
    Thanks

For the fog I think that a human shape makes the difference but Saturday morning ..nobody on the street
    #Pearls

Misty experience

# A very intricate structure

Misty experience
    Last edited by dulceza; 3rd July 2011 at 05:31 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Misty experience

Wonderful capture of the detail in each of these, Dora.

Given that they are all about that detail of line and structure, did you give any thought to converting them to B & W?

Real Name
    Dora B

Given that they are all about that detail of line and structure, did you give any thought to converting them to B & W?
    Thank you very much Donald, converting them to B&W ? It will be my next challenge, because I don't know how to do it.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by dulceza View Post
    Thank you very much Donald, converting them to B&W ? It will be my next challenge, because I don't know how to do it.
    Just mark it down on the 'still to learn' list. It's something that can be added to the body of knowledge once you get the time to do it.

They're very good as they are, in my opinion. Well done.

Real Name
    Dora B

I tried once with a RAW shot, but these are JPEG -please excuse my ignorance

Misty experience

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by dulceza View Post
    I tried once with a RAW shot, but these are JPEG -please excuse my ignorance
    Ah hah!

First thing we've got to do is wean you off shooting JPEGs and get you shooting RAW all the time.

I know it feels like taking a leap into the dark. And, indeed, once you do it, you feel as you've taken several steps backwards. But, honestly, it opens up so many more opportunities to take your photography to another level altogether.

So, when you're ready to take the step of accepting that you need to unlearn a lot of things and start with some of the basics all over again, then go for it. You will find it frustrating and wish that you'd never read this post of mine. But it's worth it.

Real Name
    Dora B

You will find it frustrating and wish that you'd never read this post of mine. But it's worth it.
    I went through my posts and my very first answer that I received here it was from you :
    The sooner you are able to start shooting RAW, the better
    . I did that , but after a few attempts I understood that the PP is a very serious business and you need the right tools and knowledge to do it properly- so I postponed the big jump. Maybe I have a little flair, but I have only very basic knowledge of my camera.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

At least I'm consistent!

The most important bit of the whole thing is that you enjoy it. You'll know if and when you're ready to take on new challenges. Until then, don't let it get in the way of you having fun with your camera.