-------

Luxor & Aswan

-------

Luxor & Aswan

------

Luxor & Aswan

------

Luxor & Aswan

Luxor is a beautiful city located 670 kilometers south of Cairo and 220 Kilometers to the north of Aswan. The attached photo were taken on Jan 2010. To read more information and details about these two ancient beautiful cities, please visit:

www.luxoregypt.org

and

www,aswan.gov.eg

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Luxor & Aswan

Thanks for sharing a piece of your world! Looks like an amazing place to photograph. I am drawn to the market shot... a little bit more contrast would give just a bit more punch. How fun. Thanks, Ahmed!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Ahmed

On my monitor, all the landscape shots look over-exposed. I appreciate that you are photographing in very bright conditions and successfully managing that light is a challenge. From the appearance of the shadows, it seems that the sun was quite high in the sky when you took these. Maybe you need to think about trying to shoot much earlier or later in the day.

Like Mary, I am drawn to your closer up shot of the market stalls. That tells us a real story of the place and is full of interest.

Real Name
    Ahmed

Thanks Mary & Donald for your reply. Your comments are totally true. This area in Egypt is full of ancient Egyptian temples, I have lots of shots there. Also, it is very bright during day time even in winter (extremely hot in summer!). It was a quick trip to Luxor and Aswan, a Nile tour between the two cities. I didn't have the luxury to go to the same place twice at the time I prefer.