Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'm in Love

Real Name
    paul wilbur

Re: I Think I'm in Love

they are a cute retro...

I have several 35mm rangefinders "the originals" that shoot 25meg-pix and have built in HDR - me happy!!!

I Think I'm in Love
    PTL for ebay!!! $30.00 with case

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Oh my gosh. If I had fun money sitting around... I would love to have one of those.... brings back memories. What a fun camera.

Real Name
    Richard

I think that it is a "cute" camera but, I would certainly not pay over eleven hundred (USD) dollars for a fixed lens APS-C rangefinder - no matter how retro it looks.

Real Name
    Robin

Had one on loan for a month (handed it back now) but still have access to one via a mate.

It is absolutely awesome!

I aim to own one before the end of the summer....why?

It is beautiful, exquisite, a little joy to handle....lets just say I fell head over heels in love with it.
    It blows the D300s (and most other DSLR's) away on image quality
    It is light.
    It is quiet.
    The OVf/EVF is amazing.
    The lens and senor have been designed to work together perfectly and its the equivalent to a 35mm focal length so is the ultimate 'street' lens and every-day tool.

If I had the cash I'd already have my own.....yes it may be £1000 but even at that it is an absolute bargain.

I Think I'm in Love

Full Sized: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6037/...781e6d91_o.jpg

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 2nd July 2011 at 06:26 PM.

Real Name

That settles it. I need money.

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    Had one on loan for a month (handed it back now) but still have access to one via a mate.

It is absolutely awesome!

I aim to own one before the end of the summer....why?

It is beautiful, exquisite, a little joy to handle....lets just say I fell head over heels in love with it.
    It blows the D300s (and most other DSLR's) away on image quality
    It is light.
    It is quiet.
    The OVf/EVF is amazing.
    The lens and senor have been designed to work together perfectly and its the equivalent to a 35mm focal length so is the ultimate 'street' lens and every-day tool.

If I had the cash I'd already have my own.....yes it may be £1000 but even at that it is an absolute bargain.

I Think I'm in Love

Full Sized: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6037/...781e6d91_o.jpg

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

I Think I'm in Love

That settles it. I need money.
    Me too...but priorities call...Becki plus University = £8,500 per year plus £4,500 per annum accommodation = Make do and mend. I may have to go for Paul's option.

Great shots Robin and really shows the gear to its best advantage.I love that last shot.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Me too...but priorities call...Becki plus University = £8,500 per year plus £4,500 per annum accommodation = Make do and mend. I may have to go for Paul's option...
    I feel your pain. I don't think I can even afford to go for Paul's option.

Real Name
    Nate

It's a sign. First I read this review online this morning (http://zackarias.com/for-photographe...i-x100-review/) and now this post. Now if I only knew how to get my better half on board with it...

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

I Think I'm in Love
    Totally in love with this shot...

Real Name
    Robin

Thanks sahil - my favourit of the night, handheld, f2, 3200iso, slowish shutter (sorry I'm
    away and don't have the original file) and it came out perfectly. Amazing little camera.

I'm in London for two days, wanted to travel light so I managed to borrow a X100 - 150+ shots yesterday and I'm even more I love than my last time with one.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    now if i only knew how to get my better half on board with it...
    fait accompli - creation of a situation which is irreversible and with which other parties will have to live, even if grudgingly. French for, accomplished fact

Real Name
    Steve

Even if you had the cash, these things are near impossible to find (at least in the US).
    It is a nice little cam. There was a major firmware update recently that addressed many issues people had with it too.

I think the next wad of cash I spend on a camera will be the D300s replacement, But I guess we will see which is easier to get my hands on at that time.

The X100 is a sweet looking thing. The owner of my local shop said he had one a moth or so ago and was surprised at the weight and build quality.

Love the shot of the drain plug on the counter.

rob marshall

I Think I'm in Love
    Hate to be pedantic (OK, I don't) but surely if you are in love you know it, not think it? Your fetish for a camera is understandable (in this case) and I think the sooner we all have an ASPC or full-frame format camera with interchangeable lenses, that is light, easy to use, and stunningly attractive, then the sooner the world will be a happier place! It's a pity the Fuji is fixed lens...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Hate to be pedantic (OK, I don't) but surely if you are in love you know it, not think it?
    Or as the good Prince Charles said when asked if he was in love with the then Lady Diana Spencer on the announcement of their engagement - "Whatever love is". Don't you just admire a man who wears his heart of his sleeve!
    Last edited by Donald; 6th July 2011 at 05:23 PM.

Real Name
    Robin

It's a pity the Fuji is fixed lens...
    The reason the X100 works is exactly because you can't change the lens. As soon as you can change a lens it becomes a system camera and while I understand, agree they will become the norm, sell every day, and like the lightweight mirrorless cameras they are still second best to a DSLR........just.

The Fuji is an entire system in one box and creates a level playing field - if I see a shot I like taken with one I know I can also take it. This isn't often the case with a shot taken with a DSLR as the person could have any number of madly expansive lenses that I'll never own. I've just got back from two days in London with one and I didn't really miss my bag of lenses, yes there was the odd shot I'd have liked a very wide/long lens for but I still managed to get a picture I liked by using my feet and a bit of creativity.

rob marshall

The reason the X100 works is exactly because you can't change the lens. As soon as you can change a lens it becomes a system camera and while I understand, agree they will become the norm, sell every day, and like the lightweight mirrorless cameras they are still second best to a DSLR........just.

The Fuji is an entire system in one box and creates a level playing field - if I see a shot I like taken with one I know I can also take it. This isn't often the case with a shot taken with a DSLR as the person could have any number of madly expansive lenses that I'll never own. I've just got back from two days in London with one and I didn't really miss my bag of lenses, yes there was the odd shot I'd have liked a very wide/long lens for but I still managed to get a picture I liked by using my feet and a bit of creativity.

Yes, good point. And if you are consistently shooting the same type of shot (let's say, street) then a fixed prime lens probably isn't an issue. I must confess that I love the simplicity and style of my G1, and I'm thinking of getting a G3. Possessions - where will it all end!

Hate to be pedantic (OK, I don't)
    You missed a bit...just under the bargeboard next to the chimney breast (big question is will you go out an look

I do see what you mean. Camera's these days always seem to be very nearly there buy not quite. Robin does make a very good point though and to add to that it really is simplicity I am looking for. I use my DSLR less and less - it just seems like such an effort to get the shot. Now with something like this I could slip it into my little pink bum bag and tiptoe through the tulips.

Or as the good Prince Charles said when asked if he was in love with the then Lady Diana Spencer on the announcement of their engagement - "Whatever love is".
    We are dealing with people who marry their cousins here. We should not expect to much...they save love for the staff

Real Name
    David Reid

I've enjoyed reading the comments here. I too am thinking seriously of this camera. While my D5100 isn't the biggest lump of DSLR around, it is still more than I like to carry much of the time. I have a 35 mm F1.8 lens for mine that is by far my favorite lens. Lately I've been shooting with it exclusively in an effort to see what it might be like if limited to one prime lens. So far, I love it. I think that X100s are becoming a bit more available now and I see that the firmware update is said to be an improvement. So far I'm encouraged.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DReid View Post
    I've enjoyed reading the comments here. I too am thinking seriously of this camera. While my D5100 isn't the biggest lump of DSLR around, it is still more than I like to carry much of the time. I have a 35 mm F1.8 lens for mine that is by far my favorite lens. Lately I've been shooting with it exclusively in an effort to see what it might be like if limited to one prime lens. So far, I love it. I think that X100s are becoming a bit more available now and I see that the firmware update is said to be an improvement. So far I'm encouraged.
    It;s amazing how over a few years we now prefer a more light weight setup. It's one of the reasons why I convinced myself I didn't need a super telephoto zoom, just too darn heavy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast