Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Our funny little backyard.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Our funny little backyard.

As a sequel to my previous thread Late Afternoon Welcome... here is a shot of our funny, little backyard.

Our funny little backyard.

As you can see, the sunflowers are scattered everywhere (courtesy of my kids). So, Bill and Ken, hope this satisfies your request. Thank you very much for viewing.

Re: Our funny little backyard.

You have a well landscaped garden Jiro. Is that a chime? Oh please can you hang it properly? Hahaha.

Real Name

I'm no landscape artist so I apologize for the niceness of our backyard. We have about 5 chimes and they're everywhere. My kids are great when it comes to messing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I'm no landscape artist so I apologize for the niceness of our backyard. We have about 5 chimes and they're everywhere. My kids are great when it comes to messing things up.
    You don't need a landscape artist to fix that backyard.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    You don't need a landscape artist to fix that backyard.
    I'm too lazy for that.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Thanks for posting pics of your little slice of heaven Willie. Nice backyard. Looks very user friendly, especially for rug rats and anklebiters ( oz talk for crawling kids and small children)
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name

Thanks, Ken.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Thanks for sharing, Willie. It's fun to see where all my CiC friends live.

Real Name

Thanks, Mary. Only the chainlink fences separates us from our neighbors. The odd thing about it is that I only know 2 among the neighbors that we have. Quite different from where I came from where even the people living in the 2nd neighborhood are friends and acquaintances of mine.

Real Name
    Bill S

Willie,

Yeah - I like it. Actually, it reminds me of my own backyard. We have the same situation with the chain-link fences (well, actually the one neighbor put up one of those wooden privacy fences, so we don't see their yard). It is kind of sad how the structure of a neighborhood seems to be dwindling. Even as a kid, we knew many more of the people around our house and would frequently spend time together with backyard BBQs and such. Now-a-days, people just don't seem to do that. Kind of sad.

Thanks for sharing your little slice of life.

- Bill

Real Name

Thanks, Bill. The neighborhood is much friendlier in Tennessee where we used to live. You can actually chat with your neighbors and say Hi and Hello back there. In here, you'd be happy if you have the chance to see your neighbor greeting you.

Real Name
    John Wright

That's a bit sad, Jiro. My experience in KS TX and OK (never got to Tennessee-not good chase country they tell me) is the friendliness and warmth of the people- infact it's a big part of what I like about my annual trips ,I'd have thought you'd be having BBQ's with the neighbours and you'd be looking out for each other.

I think I can see AL turning up on your doorstep one day to fix your back yard. Lol That was a great exchange

Real Name
    John Wright

Tha's a bit sad, Jiro. My experience in KS TX and OK (never got to Tennessee-not good chase country they tell me) is the friendliness and warmth of the people- infact it's a big part of what I like about my annual trips ,I'd have thought you'd be having BBQ's with the neighbours and you'd be looking out for each other.

I think I can see AL turning up on your doorstep one day to fix your back yard. Lol That was a great exchange

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Thanks, Bill. The neighborhood is much friendlier in Tennessee where we used to live. You can actually chat with your neighbors and say Hi and Hello back there. In here, you'd be happy if you have the chance to see your neighbor greeting you.
    We lived in Tennessee for two years. Our neighbors were... more nosey than friendly. When my husband was transfered we were really glad to leave. I think, though, that it was just the particular area that we were in. We actually had neighbors tell us, to our face, that they would like to be our friends but they already had enough. And, that they were clannish. And, that it would take ten years for us to fit in. We shed no tears when we pullled out of the neighborhood for the last time.