Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Flower Bed - Literally

Real Name
    Yvonne

The Flower Bed - Literally

The Flower Bed - Literally

Saw this while out driving and did a u-turn so I could snap a picture or two, I thought someone was very clever.

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: The Flower Bed - Literally

Yvonne,

Cool shot. Great job in (a) having the camera with you and (b) turning back to get the shots - too often I miss opportunities like that because I fail to do either one or both of those items.

I know you were probably avoiding any kind of trespassing, but I think an angle that showed more of the flowers might have helped. And I'd love to see it done with TTV!

Still a great shot!

- Bill

Real Name
    Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    I know you were probably avoiding any kind of trespassing, but I think an angle that showed more of the flowers might have helped. And I'd love to see it done with TTV!

- Bill
    Thanks Bill,

Yes, I was literally pulled off the road across the street, there was nowhere to really park.

You got me with the TTV, had to google that to find out what it was, looks a very intersting process.

Real Name
    Bill S

Yvonne,

TTV is fun. There's a thread here with some examples.

With it being summer and flea market season, now's the time to score a $5 Argus 75 to try it out.

- Bill

Real Name
    paul wilbur

Hi Yvonne,

Great observation!! Often we find the nicest opportunities for great captures just a few feet from roads and sidewalks and you proved that point again!!

I think I would have taken this image a step or two further... Gotten closer - used a fisheye or very wide angle lens. Shot from bothe the bird and the worms POV (point of view).

Held a bit more to the basics of composition 3rds vs centered and high and low points of view. Perhaps a bit of a Dutch tilt...

But, alas I wasn't there, you were and you did a great job, really!!!

paul