Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Hi. My name is Mary, and I'm an iPhone photo junky. Since I can't seem to drag my camera out of the house... I've at least been taking photos with my beloved iPhone. Looks to me like it has a bit of a green cast?

153cic.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Ron

Re: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Even with a slight green it still looks like it takes good photo's.never been to a Five Guys,are they any good.And i do like your new profile pic...Ron

Mary, you just "get" Americana bright and cheery and fun! Even with your iphone (and, wow, this seems nice for a phone!) I love your view. More, please!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Rasbury View Post
    Even with a slight green it still looks like it takes good photo's.never been to a Five Guys,are they any good.And i do like your new profile pic...Ron

The iPhone takes pretty darn good photos!

Five Guys... I'm not a huge burger girl... so I can't really give a fair opinion on that. But, the fries are great... they have regular or cajun flavored... they are both YUM. The quirky atmosphere is fun. They have red and white bags of potatoes stacked everywhere and they have a board on the wall that tells you what state and farm 'today's potatoes came from. They have bins of roasted peanuts that you can eat and eat and eat... so that by the time your food comes... you're full.

Thanks on the compliment. It's an iPhone self-portrait.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Mary, you just "get" Americana bright and cheery and fun! Even with your iphone (and, wow, this seems nice for a phone!) I love your view. More, please!
    Thanks, Katy. I had dual-citizenship with Germany until I was 18... random fact. My family was/is very patriotic. Both of my grandpas fought in several wars and both were retired military. My younger brother was in the Navy for a bit, and my older brother was with the 82nd Airborne for most of his military career... maybe that's where it comes from.

Yes... the iPhone is amazing.

Real Name
    Bill S

Mary,

The green cast is from the iPhone misinterpreting the mix of fluorescent lighting and other lights (but predominantly the fluorescent). Can you set the WB manually on the iPhone? (I'm still a non-smart-phone carrying member of society).

I like the blurred customer (your son?) on the right and think the shot would have been even better if you had multiple blurred folks showing the hustle and bustle of the joint.

- Bill
    Last edited by ktuli; 28th June 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Lucy,

The green cast is from the iPhone misinterpreting the mix of fluorescent lighting and other lights (but predominantly the fluorescent). Can you set the WB manually on the iPhone? (I'm still a non-smart-phone carrying member of society).

I like the blurred customer (your son?) on the right and think the shot would have been even better if you had multiple blurred folks showing the hustle and bustle of the joint.

- Bill
    Thanks, Bill. Not that I can find in the settings, but I could have adjusted the WB in CS5 had I paid attention.

No... Tye was a party pooper and didn't want to be in the picture and everyone else in the restaurant was sitting a their tables stuffing their faces with burgers and fries Just one lone guy getting a refill of Coke.

Real Name

Mary,

- Bill
    Bill... it was COMPLETELY okay that you addressed me as Lucy. No need to edit... me and Lucy go hand in hand.

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    Bill... it was COMPLETELY okay that you addressed me as Lucy. No need to edit... me and Lucy go hand in hand.
    Thank you for understanding.

- Bill

Real Name

Thank you for understanding.

- Bill
    No problem at all. I've been called worse... much worse.