Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Deja vu

Real Name
    Ron

Deja vu

Went to Washington Oaks Garden on today's road trip and took these two photo's in the rose garden section today.The first photo is simular to other photo's i have seen on this forum, hence the title of the thread.Looking at my Exif data i should have gone with a slower f/stop to get more of the roses in focus,but hindsight is 20/20 and i'll just have to remember that on my next outing.C&C are very welcome,..Ron.

Deja vu
    ISO 100,f/6.3,1/400 sec,55mm,PP in CS3.

Deja vu
    ISO 100,f/6.3,1/400 sec,44mm,PP in CS3.

Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    Glenn Runyan

Re: Deja vu

I have both of these rose types in my backyard.

Glenn

White roses are a nightmare to photograph, Ron, but you seem to have the exposure just right. And good colour on the bud.

As you said, F6.3 is a bit on the shallow side. I would probably have gone with F11 and also tried a few shots as high as F14.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

The creamy white is beautiful. I like the focus the way it is... it fades from the center out... very nice.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    White roses are a nightmare to photograph, Ron, but you seem to have the exposure just right. And good colour on the bud.

As you said, F6.3 is a bit on the shallow side. I would probably have gone with F11 and also tried a few shots as high as F14.
    Thanks Geoff.i still tend to get caught up in the moment of taking pictures that i don't stop and think to much about dof and other factors that will make a good image better.I do use the histogram to check on my exposures though which makes it easier to take less pictures to go through in PP.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    The creamy white is beautiful. I like the focus the way it is... it fades from the center out... very nice.
    Thanks Mary.