Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: close to home

close to home

Its amazing what you can find to photograph within a mile of where you live, this was taken while on a countryside walk in Norfolk

close to home

close to home

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: close to home

You can photograph these scenes everyday and get different moods all the time.

Real Name
    Wendy

Both are beautiful, and when viewed in the lytebox WOW, I like very much

Wendy

Mike, the first thing I said when I saw No2 was "tobacco grad". I know it is not but it has such a 70's feel to it. I love it for that alone. I think it needs a slight crop to the righthand frame to get rid of chopped bush and the blob in the botton right of the frame but as I say great stuff. The first image was getting a little close to stylised HDR for my conservative palette but a super image nonetheless.

Real Name
    John

No. 1 looks more like xpro to me than HDR, but what the hey...I still like it. I didn't notice the cropping issue on No. 2 until Steve mentioned it, but I agree with it. Still, both are lovely.
    john

Thanks for the comments - this is why I love this site - although I have been taking photos for many years I am still learning mainly from people like yourselves.

Oh my goodness! The second one has something very special about it. Both are lovely, though.