Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: OK, all you UK photographers and Seattle folks

Real Name
    Chris

OK, all you UK photographers and Seattle folks

Since it is dreary and rainy a good part of your life (weather-wise, strictly speaking), give me some hints to shooting in dreary weather.

I've been in Vermont, New Hampshire and now Maine and the most exciting thing I've gotten to photograph was an old barn in VT during a very rare break in the drizzly rain.

I am so bummed out because I cannot seem to make anything snap with all this gray backdrop...any hints as to how to shoot to compensate????? PLEASE...

Re: OK, all you UK photographers and Seattle folks

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Since it is dreary and rainy a good part of your life (weather-wise, strictly speaking), give me some hints to shooting in dreary weather.

I've been in Vermont, New Hampshire and now Maine and the most exciting thing I've gotten to photograph was an old barn in VT during a very rare break in the drizzly rain.

I am so bummed out because I cannot seem to make anything snap with all this gray backdrop...any hints as to how to shoot to compensate????? PLEASE...
    Oh, dear, Chris..... I was just thinking that, at least, we were getting all of our rain, now, so that you would have all of the lovely weather when you came. I was JUST thinking that! Now, I know that it's your fault that we're getting all of this rain! Poor, guy! Photograph the warm inside of an inn??? This does get the fog to come, sometimes. You're good with fog. You know, mist in the hills', 'lighthouse in the mist'....

Is that it for VT, then? Did it just rain and that's it?

Patience is the only thing that I think that you can do for those landscapes. The edge of the storm is always spectacular, too.

Real Name
    Lon Howard

Re: OK, all you UK photographers and Seattle folks

I live near Seattle and there are only three things I can think of: Go inside every old building you can legally enter and hopefully find something interesting there. Or stay here (or Vermont) for 30 years as I did and then you won't notice it anymore. After that, there is Dr. Phil or Dr. Laura.