Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Kids playing ball

Real Name
    james

Kids playing ball

Found this ballgame going on while I was working outa town, took couple shots all c&c welcome all images handheld with my 400 mm

Kids playing ball

Kids playing ball

Kids playing ball
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 24th June 2011 at 06:27 PM.

rob marshall

Re: Kids playing ball

James

Good shots, but you can get much more impact by adding some extra contrast to the shots. Like this...

Kids playing ball

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi James,

I had to sort out the images for you - Do be sure to put numbers and blank lines between them, both to aid critique and also stop you pasting one image tag inside another. (that's why only two showed up at first) -thanks.

Good focus and capturing the moment on these.

As Rob has shown, a bit of contrast enhancement helps.

Setting the black and white points in PP would improve things too - on a histogram, all of these don't exploit the full range. In fact I almost wonder if there wasn't something masking the shots (e.g. a wire fence?) #1 seems to have something across the top of frame.

Cheers,

Real Name
    james

Good call Dave I shot these all through a chainlink fence! lol there just isnt getting anything past Y'all. Also thanks for your contrast tip Rob , Darien really pops now.I hung around and talked with the kids after the game, they are 14 year olds and were very excited about my pics so I"ll probably take there coach some copies when I go back next week. I had a great time taking these .Once again all cc greatly appreciated !

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Fun shots, James. I bet the coach and the kids will be thrilled to get copies. Rob's extra contrast give them a bit more punch.