Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Viva Ranchero!!!

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Viva Ranchero!!!

I have been driving by this stationary object for quite some time. It is not just the fact that it is an old style car but the way the rusty red color goes with the yellow garage i found quite intriguing. I enhanced it in CS5 and LR3 but not all that much. the original colors are almost identical. Enjoy and please feel free on comments with PP or composition on any of the set. Thanks for viewing.

A little side note on a lesson learned... I thought this was an El Camino at first. The Ranchero was actually the origional truck-car produced by Ford, Chevy followed 2 years after this car in 1959 with the El Camino.

Viva Ranchero!!!
    DSC_0039-Edit-Edit.jpg by mfarrand, on Flickr

Viva Ranchero!!!
    DSC_0029-Edit.jpg by mfarrand, on Flickr

Viva Ranchero!!!
    DSC_0025-Edit.jpg by mfarrand, on Flickr
    Last edited by KTHXBAI; 20th June 2011 at 02:45 AM.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Viva Ranchero!!!

That is not a '57 Ranchero...no dual headlights until 1960 and I think only then on the T-brd...looks to me like about 1964, give or take as I had a '64 El Camino.

But nice pics no matter what year.

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    That is not a '57 Ranchero...no dual headlights until 1960 and I think only then on the T-brd...looks to me like about 1964, give or take as I had a '64 El Camino.

But nice pics no matter what year.
    Oh sorry i wasn't that clear, I have no clue what year this one is. I was just amazed as I thought the original style vehicle was the El Camino and it came out 2 years after the Ranchero models. Thanks for the compliments!

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

For me, #3 is the strongest both in composition and in color contrast. When I saw your image, Michael, what immediately came to my mind is the idea that this kind of shots would benefit a lot on a PP with lots of contrast and detail in it. More like a grungy effect but not bordering into the HDR kind of look. Good shots!

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Thank you Jiro. That was in my head too. I was afraid if I did that it would look too over PP. However I love PP (just ask the air conditioner I removed from the brick work! ). As it stands though I tried to keep the Red and Yellow close to the true color with more pop.