Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Trying again to download images

Real Name
    Debbie

Trying again to download images

Hi,

Just having another go at making the images bigger. Hope they work this time.

No - can't get it to work. I am trying to follow the post on how to do it and after loading from Manage Attachments it say to make the image bigger you need to right click on image, select Copy image location, click Edit post and position the cursor etc. Firstly, I use and apple mac and you can't right click on a mac so I have no idea how I am suppose to do this.
    Can any-one help? Why do these things have to be so hard. Maybe I just won't bother as I get so frustrated when things don't work the way they are suppose to. (excuse me having winge) it's just annoying.

Deb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wommby; 15th June 2011 at 09:01 PM.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Trying again to download images

I don't use a Mac, Deb so you have to wait for the Mac-gyvers here at CiC to help you out. What I do know to get past this nuisance is to upload my images to flickr (which is free by the way) and just copy the image link and post it here. You can set up your account in less than 5 minutes and you'll be up an running in no time. Be patient and you'll make it. Good luck. Nice shot, btw.

Real Name
    Debbie

Hi Jiro,

5 minutes to set up flickr would probably take me 5 hours. I am not sure what flickr even is and wouldnt know where to start.

Thanks for your advice. Will see what others say. And thanks for the compliment on the photo. This critter is called a nudibranch and this one is about 15mm long.
    Deb

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Here's your image uploaded to flickr.

Trying again to download images

You can set up your free account here: http://www.flickr.com/

Real Name
    Debbie

Hi Jiro,

I think I have set up a flickr account but have actually worked out how to upload using the Tinypic system as well. Thanks for this information. Will have to try one on Flickr soon.
    Deb

I never made much sense of Flickr either, Debbie, so I put my stuff on P base which seemed a lot more logical. Although there is a small annual charge.

That tinypics alternative can work well but it does take a little bit of getting used to and does occasionally 'throw a wobbly' although it usually works fine for me on the second attempt.

That photo is excellent so hopefully we will be able to see more of your work soon.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I never made much sense of Flickr either, Debbie, so I put my stuff on P base which seemed a lot more logical. Although there is a small annual charge.

That tinypics alternative can work well but it does take a little bit of getting used to and does occasionally 'throw a wobbly' although it usually works fine for me on the second attempt.

That photo is excellent so hopefully we will be able to see more of your work soon.
    Thanks Geoff,

Will get some more shots out soon. Have mastered putting images on with the Tinypic so will get more out.
    Deb

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by wommby View Post
    Hi,

Just having another go at making the images bigger. Hope they work this time.

No - can't get it to work. I am trying to follow the post on how to do it and after loading from Manage Attachments it say to make the image bigger you need to right click on image, select Copy image location, click Edit post and position the cursor etc. Firstly, I use and apple mac and you can't right click on a mac so I have no idea how I am suppose to do this.
    Can any-one help? Why do these things have to be so hard. Maybe I just won't bother as I get so frustrated when things don't work the way they are suppose to. (excuse me having winge) it's just annoying.

Deb
    Hi Deb,

It says;
    How to make an attached thumbnail appear larger and inline
    1. Click the image to make it bigger
    2. Right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Location" (in Firefox) or "Copy Shortcut" (in IE)
    3. Click "Edit Post" and position the cursor where you want the image to appear, then use the "Insert Image" Trying again to download images icon and Paste (Ctrl+V) the shortcut into the dialog and click "OK"
    4. Click "Save Changes" button.
      (if you attached more than one image, repeat steps 1-3 for each to get the bigger images inline)
    I think it is step 1 you are missing

But don't worry, we all do it sometime

Real Name
    Debbie

Dave,

I think I have mastered it now. Have posted a few now. Thanks for the help
    Deb