Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Michiko

Michiko

Michiko

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Michiko

Al,

I looked at this at work, and wanted to wait till I got home and was able to look at it on my home monitor. There is some weird effect going on that makes the dog seem to hover above the background - almost in a 3D kind of way. I can't put my finger on it, but it almost feels like I could reach out and pet Michiko. Very cool effect, and a very pretty dog! Nice shot!

- Bill

Real Name
    John Wright

Retrievers are wonderful dogs and make great pets - they're more a friend than a pet tbh.-ours (Ben) did what ever he wanted, drove me nuts and commands were a waste of time but they're like that. We had him since he was a pup up to a year ago-12/13 is their lifespan usually and he made it to 12. They can also make you feel really bad sometimes if you deny them something and they put their heads on the floor and look so doleful that you give in. Lol. Thought you'd like to see him so it's just a fun shot.

Michiko

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Al,

I looked at this at work, and wanted to wait till I got home and was able to look at it on my home monitor. There is some weird effect going on that makes the dog seem to hover above the background - almost in a 3D kind of way. I can't put my finger on it, but it almost feels like I could reach out and pet Michiko. Very cool effect, and a very pretty dog! Nice shot!

- Bill
    Bill, I fixed it...I adjusted the color balance a bit as well as with the shadows and I think the tiles in the background added to the effect. Thanks a lot Bill! Unfortunately I can only touch her on the monitor because Michiko passed away 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Retrievers are wonderful dogs and make great pets - they're more a friend than a pet tbh.-ours (Ben) did what ever he wanted, drove me nuts and commands were a waste of time but they're like that. We had him since he was a pup up to a year ago-12/13 is their lifespan usually and he made it to 12. They can also make you feel really bad sometimes if you deny them something and they put their heads on the floor and look so doleful that you give in. Lol. Thought you'd like to see him so it's just a fun shot.

Michiko
    John, Ben looks so lovable! I wanna pinch him! haha. Yeah I know how you feel when we can't give these dogs what they like and sometimes breaks my heart. Anyway, Michiko is an adopted dog, my neighbors owns them before they left for Canada and they don't have somebody else to leave Michiko but to me. She's 3 years old when I took care of her but unfortunately she passed away due to illness and I thought she felt sad and longing for her Mom. I missed her, she's such a sweet, lovable dog. She likes it when I give he a bath and comb her coat... Thanks for viewing John. Say hi for me to Ben.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

...Unfortunately I can only touch her on the monitor because Michiko passed away 3 years ago
    Sorry for the loss, AL.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Sorry for the loss, AL.
    Sobs

Real Name
    John Wright

AL-when I took him out for a walk it took me ages because like you,everyone wanted to say hello to him, pat him and children wanted to hug him and he loved that, a very gentle dog. I think you're right, Michiko would have missed her owners, they're very sensitive dogs, they must have been troubled having to leave her but at least she had a good life with you.

Hi John, thanks I noticed, this breed are really sensitive in some ways. There were times when she just sits in a corner and never wanted to be hugged, perhaps she just had a hard time adjusting with us, thanks for sharing Ben's photo.