Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Uploading Problem

Real Name
    John Wright

Uploading Problem

I've been trying to upload some US trip photos via the forum Tinypic but it's taking 3 or 4 attempts before it will upload and what it's showing is apart from 'failure to upload' is the formats that can be uploaded ie. Jpeg etc. I shoot in RAW convert to DNG on import Edit and export to a folder in Jpeg. The photos in the folder show Jpeg. I've checked that the .Jpeg is there,ie. no gaps between the dot and Jpeg. Sometimes I delete the .Jpeg and input it again and then it uploads,however as it uploads after the 3rd. or 4th. attempt then it must be having a problem identifying the format. I tried my external Tinypic and also another host that someone on this forum was given,Pic Resize and that does the same, won't recognise the format. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here please ? I actually gave up last night, it got too hard and twice tinypic gave me a very long url for two of the photos, clearly not the short one liner it usually gives. I use Lightroom3.

Thanks.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Uploading Problem

Get used to it..it seems to an anomoly of the program, though it seems more prevelant of late than it did earlier when I joined. Quien Sabe??

As Chris said, this is a strange bug which several of us have encountered.

As an alternative, I will upload photos to a CinC Personal Album then link from that.

If you haven't already read it, this help topic link may prove useful

HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Real Name
    John Wright

Many thanks both - at least it's not my end.

Thanks for the link, Geoff-I had checked it out when I first had problems but I was doing it correctly. I'll have another go and let it take its course then.