Real Name
    Mick Stones

Cornish Sunset

Sunset over Travone Bay, Cornwall

Cornish Sunset

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Cornish Sunset

That is one nice sunset, Mick. I haven't seen the sun go down that small in a very long time. May I suggest something? If you can crop the top part about 5/8" from the top and then clone out that diagonal streak of bright area at the clouds that could make the shot look more "balanced". I always admire sunset shots and this sure definitely gets my appreciation. Thank you very much for sharing.

Real Name
    Mick Stones

Thanks for the comment Jiro, I`ll give your suggested edit a try.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

One beautiful sunset indeed, Mick! The foreground has interest, the sunset has given the clouds shape, tone, and lovely hues and the sun is sitting right on the horizon providing something for your eye to go to. Nice! Normally, I'd like to see the subject larger in the frame but if you cropped the sides you'd loose the land on the sides at the horizon which complements the sun. I would, as Willie suggests, try to position the horizon about a third the way into the height of the shot by cropping the top a bit.

I am curious. Did you, perchance, wait to see the sky change over the next 20 minutes or so? Sunsets are like a stage performance, changing colors, twirling the lighting on the clouds from different angles, and often putting on a dazzling show before finally taking a bow as the curtain of twilight falls.

Well done! and thanks for posting this beautiful image!

nice exposure.

Real Name
    John Wright

Yet another lovely sunset - I saw some wonderful sunrises and sunsets in Cornwall last October and were booked in again for a week in November (Poldhu Cove).The light there creates superb photographic opportunities and the old disused tin mines in particular with a sunset backdrop can be stunning.

Real Name
    Steve

Wow; I've been to Poldhu Cove and have seen the postcards of Lizard Point at sunset. I thought it was all make believe and out of Jack Sparrows book of yarns, until I went one evening.

It isn't hard to get me up early in the morning but staying up after dark is a completely different matter, I was glad I did though, it was worth it..

Real Name
    Tommy

Lovely shot!

Did you take any shots of the same scene in the 30 or 40 minutes after the sun had disappeared below the horizon? This is when yu can get some great long exposure photos in...

Real Name
    John Wright

I think a lot of people call it a day after the sun has dipped below the horizon but as you say the 'afterglow' produces the best.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Lovely shot. & I fully agree with Jiro's expert comments.
    The pic is nice as it is, but with the changes suggested by Jiro, it would become more outstanding!

@Jiro:- Another Makeover, bro?!