Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some birds for Jiro

Real Name
    Abhi

Some birds for Jiro

Since Jiro was talking about my bird shots in Sahil's thread, here are some birds around my house, and a couple from the zoo. C&C is welcome.

Some birds for Jiro

Some birds for Jiro

Some birds for Jiro

and one in low flight (if you can find it)
    Some birds for Jiro

Caged
    Some birds for Jiro

No exit
    Some birds for Jiro

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Some birds for Jiro

All are quite interesting shots of birds, Abhi. My personal suggestion with these kind of shots are:

1. Watch out for those uncooperative twigs and branches. If you can clone them out, the better.

2. Watch how you position your camera and notice if the background is supporting your main subject or not.

3. Wait for that special moment where they are doing something unique (or the pose is really nice) to make the shot more interesting.

It's really hard to shoot birds. I have to commend you for taking the effort practicing it and came out with some nice shots as these. Hope you will take some more shots and show it to us in the future.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    All are quite interesting shots of birds, Abhi. My personal suggestion with these kind of shots are:

1. Watch out for those uncooperative twigs and branches. If you can clone them out, the better.

2. Watch how you position your camera and notice if the background is supporting your main subject or not.

3. Wait for that special moment where they are doing something unique (or the pose is really nice) to make the shot more interesting.

It's really hard to shoot birds. I have to commend you for taking the effort practicing it and came out with some nice shots as these. Hope you will take some more shots and show it to us in the future.
    Thank you, Jiro. I have kept these aside for cloning practice. I have only seen #2 once in my area, so I am waiting for an opportunity to shoot again.

Real Name
    Richard

Part of bird shooting expertise is stalking technique and being able to approach rather close without disturbing them.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Part of bird shooting expertise is stalking technique and being able to approach rather close without disturbing them.
    The most difficult part, IMO. For #3 I was about a meter or two away from the bird. But, it ran off in the time I tried to lie down on the ground to get at eye level. This shot from a foot or two above was all that I got.