Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rain Clouds

Real Name
    Al

Rain Clouds

When I took this shot, I really thought of it as an exercise in contrast and detail, but now I'm starting to like it. C&C appreciated, particularly concerning details visible in the clouds and the overall mood of the image. Sharpening an image like this is a bit of a puzzle for me, since the clouds have no real edges.

Rain Clouds

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Rain Clouds

I couldn't find the original of this on the link, so worked from this image...I didn't do much other than mute/darken the foreground colors and enhance the existing cloud colors with a touch more contrast...but in all reality, I like it pretty much as it is...amazing clouds!

Rain Clouds

Not sure I changed much other than foreground...

Real Name
    Ron

Very interesting cloud formation.I like this image.Nice capture Al.

Real Name
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I couldn't find the original of this on the link, so worked from this image...I didn't do much other than mute/darken the foreground colors and enhance the existing cloud colors with a touch more contrast...but in all reality, I like it pretty much as it is...amazing clouds! ... Not sure I changed much other than foreground...
    Thanks, Chris. Your edit makes me chuckle a bit, because you have pretty much restored the foreground to what it was before I brightened it. As I said before, I really thought of this shot as an exercise, and part of it was to bring out the details in the trees. Without question, the dark foreground does add to the atmosphere (so to speak) of the shot. As always, I appreciate your response.

PS - I added the file to the Smugmug album in my signature link, if anyone is interested. It was on the SumgMug site, anyway, but it a separate album, so it would have taken some searching around to find it. My apologies for the oversight.

Real Name
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Rasbury View Post
    Very interesting cloud formation.I like this image.Nice capture Al.
    Thanks, Ron. This was supposed to be a "practice" shot, but after I looked at it, it grew on me. Maybe I should "just practice" all the time.

Real Name
    Al

One more.

Rain Clouds

Real Name
    Chris

How about we go real rad in the sky...oooohhhhhhhhh.

Rain Clouds