Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Watercolor

Real Name
    Ron

Watercolor

Another photo from rodman dam that i'm putting out here for some C&C.Thanks for viewing. Ron

Watercolor
    ISO 400,f/7.1,1/40sec,65mm.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Watercolor

I like its simplicity, Ron. I'm not so sure as to where do I want to fix my focus but looking at it as a whole I like the tone or mood of the image and the softness you were able to capture on this one. Thank you very much for sharing.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I like its simplicity, Ron. I'm not so sure as to where do I want to fix my focus but looking at it as a whole I like the tone or mood of the image and the softness you were able to capture on this one. Thank you very much for sharing.
    Thanks Willie.The reflection of the trees in the water is what i was mainly working on bringing out.I was working on a larger edit of this photo but there was an annoying fish bed in the upper left hand corner that had to be removed so i cropped a little closer.You can still see the smaller bed in the upper left hand side.I burned this area just a tad(still working on what settings work best when doing this) as i was somewhat bright.Only did a slight curves adjustment and copied to another layer in multiply and as i sit here typing this am wondering if copying the image 1 more time in multiply might darken the outer edges some and bring out the reflection some more.Thanks again for the comments and i'll repost this image after another quick edit.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Ron - A bit like Willie, at first I found it hard to settle on the image. My eye was looking around for the water line; i.e. where did the land end and where did the reflection start. But then my head started to shift into a more abstract mode and stopped wrestling to to 'make sense' of the image in a conventional sense. And that's when I really started to enjoy it for what, I think, it is - a lovely creation of light, line, tone and texture.

Good one.

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Ron, this is really nice.

Reflections help our minds stop trying to make sense of what we see and instead enjoy the more ethereal qualities of the picture - so stated by Don, "a lovely creation of light, line, tone and texture". The different greens were beautiful, peaceful, restful and calming. I would love to have this picture hanging in my office!

Marie

Real Name
    Ron

Thank you Donald and Marie.This one kind of makes you sit there and look at it.here is another version with the added multiply layer to darken the edges with some dodging of the trees and the lower part of the photo.You can give me a thimbs up or down and this reedit.
    On a side note i rotated the image 180 degrees and cropped out any shore lines when i first PP this image which might lead to some of the confusion to seeing it for the first time.Thank you again for viewing..Ron

Watercolor