Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Little Flowers.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Little Flowers.

Another variety of little flowers that you can find when you visit the Butterfly Cage inside San Antonio Zoo in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to view it in lightbox.
    Little Flowers.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 70mm, Exposure at ISO 400, f4.5 at 1/640 second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color Processed in LR 3.

Real Name
    Abhi

Re: Little Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Another variety of little flowers that you can find when you visit the Butterfly Cage inside San Antonio Zoo in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to view it in lightbox.
    Little Flowers.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 70mm, Exposure at ISO 400, f4.5 at 1/640 second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color Processed in LR 3.
    Jiro,

I like the lighting on the flowers in the middle, and how you have managed to bring out the colors and textures in the petals. But the image as a whole does not work for me. The backlit leaves on the right stand out and are distracting to me, and top left of the photo seems disconnected from the rest. If you were aiming for a diagonal composition, then the flower in top left corner is a little too out of focus for me.

If you have used a lens blur then you can probably reduce that on the top left flower to bring it slightly more in focus. If not, maybe a slight rotation and different crop leaving out the top left corner?

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Thanks, Abhi. I could probably clone out the remaining flowers on the top left and see if it will make the image stronger. As for the two, bright, backlit leaves on the top right, I kept it inside the frame to create contrast. The two leaves, a bit brighter but limited in quantity pointing upwards in contrast to the small but many flowers pointing downwards. Without the two leaves I don't think it would create the transition between the bright top right area where the sun shines going toward the dark area on the lower left. That's basically my vision on why I took this shot and edited it this way.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Without the two leaves I don't think it would create the transition between the bright top right area where the sun shines going toward the dark area on the lower left. That's basically my vision on why I took this shot and edited it this way.
    I think I can see your view, Jiro. Maybe some dodge and burn, so that the stalk of the leaves leads subtly to the flowers can do the trick. I do not know how I would do it, but you are the PP master around here.