Thread: Tried Lightroom again.

Real Name
    Shannon

Tried Lightroom again.

Ok lets see if this worked this time ( I am just using images, I don't want to ruin because I don't want to take a chance on one I like just yet..I don't trust myself to copy it lol)

Original.. sooc

Tried Lightroom again.

Lightroom (even though I don't know what I am doing yet.. Just want to see if I did "anything" haha!

Tried Lightroom again.

Real Name
    Shannon

Re: Tried Lightroom again.

Wooooaaah These pictures are huge.. how do I post them smaller?

Real Name
    Abhi

That looks good, Shannon. All of the changes in Lightroom can be reset, so you do not need to worry about ruining anything.

Real Name
    Shannon

Thanks, I am not overly fond of the picture, I can barely figure out how to load my image to work on it.. so I don't trust myself to figure out how to reset it.. I will work on figuring that out though..it would be nice to play around with an image I like.

Real Name
    Hans

As you see on the difference of the pictures Lightroom is very powerfull, as others are.
    I suggest you google for Lightroom tutorials or by a book to figure out how this software works.
    One book I can recomment is the adobe lightroom 3 book from Martin Evening.
    As Abhi writes, you can always "reset"the picture and start from scrach if you like to.

Real Name
    Shannon

Thanks for the suggestion Hans I will google that book, I know I changed my picture, (it's only the second time I have tried LR..) But I would like to learn how to use it so I know what I am doing and why I am doing it. Not just sliding things around until it looks different.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

All previous advice about edits being non-destructive in LR are true (and reassuring) but one of its most useful tricks is the ability to create a 'virtual copy', which is simply a duplicate LR data file. So, if you are still worried about working on your original image, just create as many additional virtual copies as you like, which take up minimal disk space, and apply different edits to each for comparative purposes. Once you've achieved what you are looking for 'export' it as a jpeg or tiff and delete the rest.
    And in my opinion THIS is still the best place for excellent and free advice on LR.

Real Name
    Shannon

Thanks Mike. I will figure out how to do that. My LR won't open, IDK why.. says there is an error. It was only the free trial, I liked it though, so I think I might just buy a copy. Great advice.