Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What's in a Name? Moroccan Lady

Real Name
    David

What's in a Name? Moroccan Lady

I managed a candid shot of this lady in Marrakesh, and I cropped it down for post processing. I was going to cut it further when I noticed a relationship between the legs/feet of the young men in the background and the old lady. The phrase "time marches on" popped into my head and so I have put this as a title. Has anyone got any views on using titles and/or captions for photographs?

What's in a Name? Moroccan Lady

Comments and crits welcome as always.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Ian

Re: What's in a Name? Moroccan Lady

Last time I was in Morocco the locals either fleeced you for taking a photo, or absolutely refused as it was stealing their soul. Clearly, some were quite happy to sell their soul for the right money.

So well done for getting away with it (unless things have moderated a little) and secondly I do like the inventiveness of you title.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    ... I do like the inventiveness of you title.
    Likewise - well done. Coming up with titles for images is almost as hard as taking them sometimes - perhaps we need an "image naming" service here!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi David,

Glad to see you caught them all hopping

(groan)

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Seriously though, David, I like the title (and I like a lot of Ian's too).

One thing on the image itself though; if you wanted to give it a little more impact, you might consider giving a significant amount of blur, plus some desaturation/burning and dodging to the stuff in the background so that only the 3 people are sharp, colourful and contrasty.

Just an idea,

its wonder full pic with ,strong visuals,loud colors,and quite a fascinating storyline its needs a little tweaking to keep the eye inside the vacant foreground space in front of the old lady,till her feet,can be cropped,without creating any ripples in the storyline i somehow find the car behind her,quite distracting actually a vertical framed pic would have solved most of the extra tweaking i am suggesting

Real Name
    David

Thanks for the comments; I agree with the blurring of background, it's clearly not enough as is. I had thought about a vertical format as Taken has suggested, but I decided I liked the space on the RHS because, given the narrative suggested by the title, it represented the future for the "Hoppers".

Cheers

David