Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Out and About this Morning

Real Name
    Chris

Out and About this Morning

Waiting for the sunrise and enjoying a few minutes of ocean breeze without the hordes of people that would soon descend on this bit of tranquilty. C&C always welcome.

Shell Collectors

Sunrise over St. Andrews Bay

Deer Feeding

The Lady Loren

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Out and About this Morning

They are beautiful... I'll leave the C&C to those that aren't hacks.
    Last edited by ilovelucydog; 24th May 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Chris

Have to confess to the fact that #2, #3 and #4 don't hit the button for me. I don't think the subject matter holds the attention. The deer feeding shot is also very, very busy and its not easy to hold your attention of the deer.

#1 on the other hand ........!

When I opened the post I could only see the top half on my screen. As soon as I did I felt there was a beauty here. When I scrolled down and saw the whole image, that was confirmed.

It is not just the colour, which in itself is attention-grabbing, but it's the tones and balance across the whole image. There is, what I would call, a tremendous harmony throughout all parts of the image. And add to that you've got the sweeping line of the bay, the line along the top of teh sand dune and, on the other side, the line of the pier, all taking us back into the image and meeting up just where our attention needs to be on the architecture.

A wonderfully crafted image.

Real Name
    Chris

I debated between this one and the first one posted but it is a sunrise and sunrises, by and large don't hold a great deal of excitement for anyone... The deer shot was more to show five deer in one spot and that spot is really quite idyllic but you are right, it is a rather busy shot...#4 Lady Loren ..what can I say, so little light, a moving boat, full telephoto... Maybe I will work on it some more.

#1 really smacked me upside the head when I first saw it in RAW...I was very much enamored from the first slider to the last. Thank you for reflecting my own thoughts about that shot.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I debated between this one and the first one posted but it is a sunrise and sunrises, by and large don't hold a great deal of excitement for anyone... The deer shot was more to show five deer in one spot and that spot is really quite idyllic but you are right, it is a rather busy shot...#4 Lady Loren ..what can I say, so little light, a moving boat, full telephoto... Maybe I will work on it some more.

#1 really smacked me upside the head when I first saw it in RAW...I was very much enamored from the first slider to the last. Thank you for reflecting my own thoughts about that shot.

Well... I like sunrises. And both sunrise images are beautiful in my eyes. I lke the warmth of the colors... and would love to walk in the powder white Florida sand. Sunrises... they signify a new day... another chance for a better ending.

Real Name
    Ron

Beautiful photo's Chris.I do like #1 and agree with Donald on it.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Waiting for the sunrise and enjoying a few minutes of ocean breeze without the hordes of people that would soon descend on this bit of tranquilty. C&C always welcome.

Shell Collectors

Sunrise over St. Andrews Bay

Deer Feeding

The Lady Loren

Great beach photos, how close do you live or do you just make your way to the shores when you can?
    Last edited by Shadowman; 24th May 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: message tangled in the web

Real Name
    Chris

Played with Lady Loren, but I am afraid it will be back to the drawing board with it..sometimes its hard to accept the horse has really died. And, worked on another just for S's and giggles.

Beach Lounge Chairs

Chris, the shape and color of the waves - especially the closest ones - the way you've caught them - they're really beautiful!

Real Name
    Chris

I live about five miles from this location...google map location for St. Andrews State Park, Panama City, Fl

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Nice series, Chris. I do so miss the ocean. I could sit right there on the deck chairs, close my eyes and hear the sounds of the water, thanks to you.