Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First Time Post - gallery comments

First Time Post - gallery comments

Have only recently become interested in photography and would love to hear your comments

http://matthewtanner.carbonmade.com/
    Last edited by Mattytanner; 24th February 2009 at 09:11 AM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: First Time Post

Hi Matthew,

Great to have you with us

If you get a chance, pop a reply onto the welcome forum so we can all welcome you properly!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattytanner View Post
    Have only recently become interested in photography and would love to hear your comments

http://matthewtanner.carbonmade.com/
    Mattew,

I like your photos, very nice. It would be better if you could directly post your photo(s) into the forum, and introduce techniques you have used for that (those) photo(s).

Real Name
    Richard

Hello Matt,

Welcome from another newbie.

I checked out your site and like your work.

Nice eye !

Best regards,

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Matt,

You seem to be lucky enough to have travelled well since you took up photography and have amassed quite a collection of very decent images there, well done.

As Yan suggests, if you have the odd one or two you seek opinions on, or just wish to share, then inline posting is preferred. There is a 'How to' (or wiki) being written by Colin here.

Welcome from,

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Yan Zhang View Post
    Mattew,

I like your photos, very nice. It would be better if you could directly post your photo(s) into the forum, and introduce techniques you have used for that (those) photo(s).
    Unfortunately, I don't think that it's possible to direct link to carbonmade images (was checking their FAQ last night, didn't find anything). Might be a case of using thumbnails

Hi Matt,
    Just checked your site
    I lvoe all the variety of subject you photographed,
    you seem to travel around alot.
    maybe next specific photo you take, you could post it here so we can share our comments

see you around

You are off to an excellent start! Welcome!

it is possible to link them from carbonmade. If you're using firefox install the firebug extension (might get away without it but makes this a whole lot easier). Right click (on image) > inspect element. Now copy the image location from the "image src=" line.

Sounds more complex than it is, I figured out first time by trial and error (without the error>repeat step ) so when you see it working you'll do it easy! Just a couple of mouse clicks and no more difficult than normal image location method really, especially with firefox (IMO ie should be either rewritten or binned because as far as browsers go it's very outdated and fails on a lot of standards that are expected from browsers these days hence various standards groups trying to get rid of it and people charging more for ie proofing).

You should get something looking like http://cmcdn.net/3763306/423x660.jpeg for the location, put inside the [img] put image here [/img] or click First Time Post - gallery comments button and paste address in and you're set

Welcome Matt. Nice gallery.
    May be you can start in CiC with a challenge(Nikon Vs Canon Vs Others challenge) Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 01 Mar 09

See you around
    ~Ajith

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    it is possible to link them from carbonmade.
    Interesting. I just checked one of Matty's images and the URL was available in the usual way - but when I did the came thing with one of Roxy's images a few weeks ago it didn't work ... not sure why the difference.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Re: First Time Post - gallery comments

Hi Matt: If you are only recently coming to photography, you are off to a good start. A nice mix of images. Welcome. (I'm fairly new too)

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Interesting. I just checked one of Matty's images and the URL was available in the usual way - but when I did the came thing with one of Roxy's images a few weeks ago it didn't work ... not sure why the difference.
    Ah thats interesting, I couldn't get it the usual way due to the scripts. I presume the firebug inspect element method will work for roxys too, I'll have to check. It's no good for ie users in particular though so not as ideal I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattytanner View Post
    G'day Matthew.. I'm pleased you came along to CIC and feel sure you will enjoy the images, the learning aids from all our experienced pals and above all the fellowship so obviously overfowing around here!

I'm not sure if you've resolved uploading so here's a comment from moi..

My simple error/oversight at first was leaving out the / in the second closing pair of brackets after pasting.. e.g. [/IMG] .. like that.

My flow from Flickr to CIC is probably pedantic, maybe someone can help me with that, but at least it works!
    1/ upload image to Flickr
    2/ when it's in, click on the thumbnail which then opens up
    3/ click on the "all sizes" button which further enlarges the image
    4/ click on and highlight/select the URL
    5/ edit > copy, then get out of Flickr

6/ go to CIC
    7/ click on "post reply"
    8/ type in [IMG]
    9/ edit > paste
    10/ the URL magically appears
    11/ type in [/IMG] (do you notice the / I referred to above?)
    12/ Hit enter and it comes up like my "Moon by Day" here

First Time Post - gallery comments

Regards Richard R (roxy).
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 28th February 2009 at 06:01 AM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    My flow from Flickr to CIC is probably pedantic, maybe someone can help me with that, but at least it works! ...
    Hi Richard,

You can fine-tune that slightly if you want - rather that type out the IMG tags, just click the INSERT IMAGE button on your toolbar and paste the image into the box that pops up - it'll put the tags around the image for you

PS: Your technique of copying the URL from the address bar works for a lot of sites, but won't work for photo.net or pbase.com (at photo.net the URL in the address bar points to a page that the image is on, not the image itself, and at pbase.com it appears to work but only the original poster is able to see it - one needs to click "edit image" on the site and copy the URL given in the top right-hand corner).

Photobucket may be the most user friendly, they provide codes for any need.

Real Name
    Richard

Nice moon Roxy !

You can fine-tune that slightly if you want - rather that type out the IMG tags, just click the INSERT IMAGE button on your toolbar and paste the image into the box that pops up - it'll put the tags around the image for you
    Thanks Colin, will try that with next image upload.

PS: Your technique of copying the URL from the address bar works for a lot of sites, but won't work for photo.net or pbase.com
    Colin,
    I noted this specifically for Matthew since he was uploading from Flickr; the URL I refer to is in respect of the image selected and appears in a box below the image in Flickr as item 2, not in an address bar.

roxy
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 28th February 2009 at 06:38 AM.