Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flash Trigger

Real Name
    Pat

Flash Trigger

Hi Folks,
    I'v lately been getting an interest in a reasonably priced wireless flash trigger and the Phottix Strato has caught my eye.I was wondering has anyone experience of this transmitter,receiver package.
    Best Wishes,
    Pat

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Flash Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Ollokot View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'v lately been getting an interest in a reasonably priced wireless flash trigger and the Phottix Strato has caught my eye.I was wondering has anyone experience of this transmitter,receiver package.
    Best Wishes,
    Pat
    I have no experience of that one I am afraid but after doing a lot of research I bought the Yongnuo RF602. It is extremely good value and performance and also acts as a remote trigger if you have a pc sync cord and reverse the transmitter and receiver that works from over 100ft away.

I have Yongnuo speedlites too and they are perfectly ok if your budget doesn't run to pocket wizards and canon/nikon flash's

Cheers
    Steve

Real Name
    Pat

Hi Steve,
    The Yongnuo RF602 is one I have also looked at but am leaning towards the Phottix Strato mainly because the hotshoe on the top of the transmitter permits TTL from the camera through to the flash.
    Best Wishes
    Pat

Real Name
    Kathy

Don't have 'em, but they certainly look interesting. Definitely a better choice than the Rf-602s, and more similar to the Cactus V5s and the RF-603s. Definite advantages over both, since the V5's pass-through isn't TTL, and the 603s don't have locking feet, still use PITA dip switches for channel setting (although. 16 channels, not 4), that on/off switch is still (maddeningly) in the wrong place, and still have that 12V sync limit. Yongnuo really dropped the ball this generation around.
    Last edited by inkista; 21st May 2011 at 09:53 PM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Found this if you haven't read it already

http://ishootshows.com/2010/09/13/re...lash-triggers/