Trip To London

Trip To London

[IMG][http://images17.fotki.com/v10/photos...py-vi.jpg/IMG]

Trip To London

Trip To London

Trip To London

Sorry a bit tourist, and the last one was irrestistible

Re: Trip To London

Good sharp photos there, Steve. They may be 'tourist locations' but these photos wouldn't look out of place on any postcard or other souvenir item.

I think I might consider cropping/cloning the out of focus item in the bottom left corner of the Tower Bridge photo. I don't want to alter that perfect angle but I think it may still work.

Real Name
    Shannon

I really like these! Makes me want to book a flight to London.. I really love the last one!

Real Name
    Steve

It would work Geoff, the kid jumped into view and I figured I could easily crop the boat, but not the boat and the kid but I'm going to try anyway. cheers.

Real Name
    Steve

Worth the trip Shannon, and thank you.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Excellent set, Steve. Only one that wasn't so strong, in my view, was that with the wheel going out of the top of frame. The one with the Houses of Parliament is a beauty.

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Donald; I got another but without boats, I like boats but I can't swim.

Trip To London

Real Name
    John

well done my friend i like all of them

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers John; I think I should make them into postcards and sell them for £1.50 each under Big Ben.

Real Name
    John

yeah good idea!!

Real Name
    Richard

Great Stuff

Great images with very creative PP.

We have the "London Bridge" in the City of lake Havasu, Arizona. I don't know if this story is true or simply a prevalent rumor but...

The City of London placed the "London Bridge" on sale and a real estate developer, Del Webb, purchased it with intentions of moving it to Lake Havasu and making it the centerpiece of his real estate development in that area. The sale went through as planned by the City of London but, not quite as planned by Del Webb and Company.

You see, they had made a mistake and thought that the "London Bridge" was "The Tower Bridge" which is of course, one of the icons of London. They were quite surprised at which bridge they had purchased! Anyway, they moved the stone "London Bridge" to Arizona and set it up on Lake Havasu. It is a tourist attraction and it does attract people. But, if you spend any time on the bridge, you are sure to hear at least one tourist say, "This sure doesn't look like the London Bridge!"

This may or may not be true but, it is a neat story...

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Great Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Great images with very creative PP.

We have the "London Bridge" in the City of lake Havasu, Arizona. I don't know if this story is true or simply a prevalent rumor but...

The City of London placed the "London Bridge" on sale and a real estate developer, Del Webb, purchased it with intentions of moving it to Lake Havasu and making it the centerpiece of his real estate development in that area. The sale went through as planned by the City of London but, not quite as planned by Del Webb and Company.

You see, they had made a mistake and thought that the "London Bridge" was "The Tower Bridge" which is of course, one of the icons of London. They were quite surprised at which bridge they had purchased! Anyway, they moved the stone "London Bridge" to Arizona and set it up on Lake Havasu. It is a tourist attraction and it does attract people. But, if you spend any time on the bridge, you are sure to hear at least one tourist say, "This sure doesn't look like the London Bridge!"

This may or may not be true but, it is a neat story...
    I think that is true Richard; don't buy 'Big Ben' or the 'Palace of Westminster' because you might be a bit surprised.

Real Name
    Steve

Does anybody know any of these places; I think it will be nice to know. I was supposed to meet some londoners who were going to show me things off the tourist trail, but they should have known it takes 45 minutes to go one mile in a bus and I missed them. My fault I should have took the phone number.

But that mean't as I had four hours only to take pics and I'm disabled I got on a boat. But I don't know any of the places I photographed.

Such as what is this large place?

Trip To London

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Does anybody know any of these places; I think it will be nice to know. I was supposed to meet some londoners who were going to show me things off the tourist trail, but they should have known it takes 45 minutes to go one mile in a bus and I missed them. My fault I should have took the phone number.

But that mean't as I had four hours only to take pics and I'm disabled I got on a boat. But I don't know any of the places I photographed.

Such as what is this large place?

Trip To London
    That is Hungerford Bridge also known as Charing Cross Bridge. The building is waterloo station.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by stevewe88; 21st May 2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Steve; I thought it would be something much more important like an art gallery.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Cheers Steve; I thought it would be something much more important like an art gallery.
    No problem, I am glad one of us tattoo ridden southerners can help

Real Name
    Elise

I love the first ferris wheel one, even going out of the frame. What the heck is that brown thing in the middle of the first one? I really like the second one, too.

Real Name
    Kay

A great series Steve!

This is a fun series, Steve. You sound like the way I feel about my NYC pics. I'm not sure if any of them are "artistic" but I think that I got some really, really super vacation photos! I like, probably the most "touristy" one, Big Ben. The sky is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 22nd May 2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Have to stop using the word "lovely" so much. Need thesauruus!

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    I love the first ferris wheel one, even going out of the frame. What the heck is that brown thing in the middle of the first one? I really like the second one, too.
    I don't know what that is Elise, there was a few of them and a boat parked nearby. Cheers In the second I sort of used a blur for the water and did only selective chroma noise removal to preserve the colour of the clock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast