Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Signs of Spring

Signs of Spring

I have an old Olympus C2500L that I wake up on occassion. It is primitive and cranky, only 2.5MP, but it can do some decent work. I used a +3 closeup lens for this, if I bend down too far I fall on my nose!
    Signs of Spring

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Signs of Spring

Nice one.

It certainly can still deliver the goods Bob, but I suspect it has more to do with the owner.

You seem to get the best out of anything you use.
    I thought I did OK, but I've a way to go to match you.

Regards,

Thanks, but it's all I do, pretty much all I'm able to do, so I get a lot of practice, and delete a lot of failures. I was forced to retire due to health problems when I was 58. I was losing my mind watching television, got an urge to go buy a digital camera, haven't turned the TV on since.

Tsiya, know the feeling mate, happened to me at 61.

When I can't go anymore I'll go find a big gator! I can't imagine just sitting!

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

A GOLDEN CUP WITH A GOLDEN FRILL
    AND GOLDEN WINGS
    MAKES A DAFFODIL

Nice picture and sign of spring. Thanks for sharing it here.

I picked up the little ditty above sometime during the Precambrian period, it stuck somehow and it really defines a daffodil. Your image looks like a daffodil or something closely related.

Chuck

I live very near the county arboretum. In previous years it has been really well done, but the master gardener has retired and the replacement gardener doesn't seem to be doing much. I hope it improves soon, I'll miss it if it doesn't.

Just goes to show it's more the photographer than the equipment that dictates what you get out. All better equipment does is open up more options. Sad thing is I know this so can't blame my camera for the junk that comes out As for TV I think it's over rated and you're not missing much, I don't own one and people are horrified when they learn this!

I got to thinking that if a stranger walked in, and caught me looking at that stupid stuff, I would be totally embarrassed. I will watch a nature program or some of the educational programs, but 90% of the programming is a waste of time. I outgrew potty jokes about 60years ago, LOL

who cares what old equipment one uses as long as one can get good pics like these lovely subtle,pastel shades on this plant i guess mrtsiya there is no need to bend further and break your nose.......... i like this pic and its pretty comfortable to keep gazing at its beauty for long enough! i like the composition too........its different and its attractive