Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flowers from my garden.

Flowers from my garden.

Where have I seen that title, before?

Flowers from my garden.

Flowers from my garden.

Flowers from my garden.

Flowers from my garden.

I'm biting my nails about a few things with these but don't want to mention what they are. What if they're not that obvious, you see? Go for it with C&C - like, minichris - I want to keep growing, please! Thanks!
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 18th May 2011 at 12:27 PM.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Flowers from my garden.

I would pick #3 as the best among the series, Katy. The noise is bit high on all shots but still tolerable in a little way. I would probably increase the exposure just a tad and then apply some small amount of sharpening. Lovely flowers if I may say. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I would pick #3 as the best among the series, Katy. The noise is bit high on all shots but still tolerable in a little way. I would probably increase the exposure just a tad and then apply some small amount of sharpening. Lovely flowers if I may say. Good work!
    I noticed the noise. They were all shot at ISO 400 and i thought it would be okay. Is it because of the dark colors? I should, also, add that I can't seem to lighten them anymore without changing the colors. Help!

Katy I love the vibrancy of the colours. Good compositions too but that noise! ISO 400 should not give you that sort of issue. My old 450D was very usable at 400 and started to get iffy it 800 if I underexposed. Which leads me to ask if these were underexposed and pulled back in PP. That will most often cause this sort of thing. The other thing that may have compounded the problem is sharpening. Oversharpening is evident in the last shot and this will make the difference between an acceptably noisy image and one that is...well noisy. It may be worth trying some noise reduction in the raw conversion. It will look soft in the raw converter but will stand the sharpening better. If you have shot jpeg then a noise reduction utility may help. I use Greystoration in GIMP not sure what the PS equivalent is.

Thanks, Steve, for your insight. You're right - the first three were underexposed (I had some reasoning, I know.) I'll look into/work on what you mentioned about noise reduction.