Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A boy and his whirligig

Real Name
    Yvonne

A boy and his whirligig

C&C welcome. This was taken at a birthday party in a church basement, lighting wasn't the best so they only lens I used that day was the 50mm prime and a ISO of 800

A boy and his whirligig

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: A boy and his whirligig

I love the saturated colors and the expression of the boy, Yvonne. On a personal note, I think you missed the focus just a bit. The focus seems to be on the front of the boy and not on the eyes, as they say "When the eyes are in focus, you've just won half of the shot." It would be nice if you have used a slower shutter speed to induce some blurry movement on the whirligig. That would make the shot more interesting.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: A boy and his whirligig

Hi Yvonne,

I agree with Jiro; but having said that I really disagreewith Jiro.
    On this issue of focus; if you look at the boys shoulder itis finely focused. I am thinking your camera focus mode is set to Closest-To-The-Camera-Subject-Priority,as the should was closer than the eyes and hence the camera focused on it.

Have a look at your focus settings and change the focus modeto single area focus and set it in the middle and just use that to focus. Ifyour subject is off-centre then auto-focus on your subject, keep holding thebutton down, re-compose and shoot. I think this will fix you focus issues.