Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New Camera

  1. #1

    New Camera

    I was wondering if anyone out there has a Nikkon P100. I recieved this camera as a gift and feel like I take better picture with my sons point and shoot Sony. I have some photography knowledge but my pictures are not great.

  2. #2
    Black Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Whitburn, Sunderland
    Posts
    2,397
    Real Name
    Robin

    Re: New Camera

    My mums partner has one so I've used it a fair bit - great camera and brilliant for wildlife with that zoom.

    Post some images and you'll get some specific help.

  3. #3
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,803
    Real Name
    John

    Re: New Camera

    I have the P90 so I am somewhat familiar with the model. See the linked review for the P100. You can get great photos with the Coolpix it's all a matter of finding the sweet spot for each photographic condition. Which areas (portraits, nightscapes, etc.) are you finding it most difficult to get a good photo?

    http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikon_COOLPIX_P100/

  4. #4

    Re: New Camera

    Thanks black pearl, I will post some pictures soon. About dying in your livingroom---I just said that oxymoron today to my son...strange.

  5. #5

    Re: New Camera

    Shadowman,I am having trouble in all areas. Thanks for the link I will check it out. Is WNY stand for Western New York?

  6. #6
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,803
    Real Name
    John

    Re: New Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by eyetunes View Post
    Shadowman,I am having trouble in all areas. Thanks for the link I will check it out. Is WNY stand for Western New York?
    That's correct about the location.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    176
    Real Name
    Peter

    Re: New Camera

    G'day eyetunes these were taken with a P100
    New Camera
    New Camera
    New Camera
    New Camera
    I sold it to my brother (my wife bought me a Nikon D3100 DSLR for Christmas)
    My brother is enjoying it and is taking many good photos.
    Peter

  8. #8

    Re: New Camera

    Thanks Peter, I think I'm getting better every week. I just have to find the time to get out there and shoot. My goal is to post a photo by the end of the month.

  9. #9
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,803
    Real Name
    John

    Re: New Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by eyetunes View Post
    Thanks Peter, I think I'm getting better every week. I just have to find the time to get out there and shoot. My goal is to post a photo by the end of the month.
    You really don't have to get out there, try starting out with still lifes from items around your home.

  10. #10
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: New Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    You really don't have to get out there, try starting out with still lifes from items around your home.
    Thjis is exactly what I did when I got my camera a few month's ago! I arranged each room in the house (one at a time) and practiced composition, contrast, lighting, etc. until I felt I had the best shot I could get with my current level of experience. I kept the camera's User Guide handy as I tried different approaches. Because indoor shots tend to be at close range, I had to use the wide angle lens.

    New Camera

    In the end I had learned quite a bit about the camera, my wife was pleased that I cleaned and neatened the house, and I have a reasonable inventory of the visible articles in each room for insurance purposes. As I spent quite a bit of time doing upgrades, such as crown molding, over the past few years, this was a visually rewarding experience.

  11. #11
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,803
    Real Name
    John

    Re: New Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Thjis is exactly what I did when I got my camera a few month's ago! I arranged each room in the house (one at a time) and practiced composition, contrast, lighting, etc. until I felt I had the best shot I could get with my current level of experience. I kept the camera's User Guide handy as I tried different approaches. Because indoor shots tend to be at close range, I had to use the wide angle lens.

    New Camera

    In the end I had learned quite a bit about the camera, my wife was pleased that I cleaned and neatened the house, and I have a reasonable inventory of the visible articles in each room for insurance purposes. As I spent quite a bit of time doing upgrades, such as crown molding, over the past few years, this was a visually rewarding experience.
    I know what you mean, I can spend days or even weeks photographing one item. You don't get that luxury when photographing outdoors.

  12. #12

    Re: New Camera

    Thanks John, I spent some time with a halved red pepper yesterday.
    Chris(eyetunes)

  13. #13

    Re: New Camera

    Good idea Frank,Thanks. I guess I don't have to make an "outing" out of every session.
    Chris (eyetunes)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •