Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Autumn in the Dandenongs

Real Name
    Ray

Autumn in the Dandenongs

Went for a walk in the Dandenongs outside Melbourne today. Would appreciate comments and feedback on these two shots. As both are heavily cropped I'd like to hear your thoughts about how the frame is place around the shoot and the fruit.

Autumn in the Dandenongs

Autumn in the Dandenongs

Many thanks

Ray

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Autumn in the Dandenongs

Hi Ray,

#1 is a bit too 'central subject' for me, going a step further with critique ...
    It is also a bit saturated for the luminance - if mine, I would have tried moving the grey point in Levels to 1.1 or 1.2 to lighten the mid-tones (and probably reined in the saturation too).

#2 has a nice grouping and crop composition, if I'm brutal
    I could point out that having cropped agressively, the minimal downsize hasn't helped reduce the noise as much as it might have otherwise, therefore, you could probably do with running something like Neat Image on it.

Both have a pretty good contrast range and exposure though, so it isn't all bad news

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Ray

Re: Autumn in the Dandenongs

Thanks Dave,

I've cut down the noise on #2 with Topaz DeNoise. I take your point about the framing on #1. BTW you suggest setting the grey point to 1.1 or 1.2. I use Aperture 3.1 which sets the grey point at 0.5. Do you mean "move the grey point up a bit above midway"?

I appreciate the time you took to view and comment.

Ray

Ray