Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rowing Gigs

Rowing Gigs

A quick snap, without any thinking time.

Rowing Gigs

When I saw this gig passing the Emma Jane with that guy up the ladder it was just a case of select Tv with 1/640 (estimated suitable shutter speed) and click. Possibly not too bad for a quickie with tricky light.

These rowing gigs (based on Cornish Pilot Gigs) have a practice row every Saturday and Sunday mornings. When leaving the quayside they just row with the aft rowers until they get into clear water.

When they return, this is the procedure for shipping oars.

Rowing Gigs

As they pass the Fish Quay I just get a quick chance for one or two photos before the light becomes impossible as they move to the east.

I had previously mentioned that I hadn't been completely satisfied with my Canon 24-105 L lens and sent it away for a complete check. This was from some trial photos after the rear barrel assembly had been replaced. The photos actually print a lot sharper than they seem here so I think my problem with this lens has now been sorted.
    Last edited by Geoff F; 23rd March 2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: photos added

rob marshall

Re: Rowing Gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    A quick snap, without any thinking time.
    If I may be permitted to give advice... never admit your faults, there are plenty of people in the world queuing up to find fault. I have taken quite a few (some would say all) shots that were just a product of me dicking around. But, given the power of CS5, not to mention Silver Efex, one can turn the most mundane of shots into something passable. But don't admit that you were dicking around.

PS I just lurve girls with big arm muscles...

But 'Dicking Around' is modus operandi for me!

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    But 'Dicking Around' is modus operandi for me!
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Latin!

PS - If you are dicking around with girls with big arm muscles then we forgive you.