Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: my first picture during evening, in the snow fall..

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

my first picture during evening, in the snow fall..

Hi, this is a picture I took last night during a snow storm...my camera was hand held and set on automatic... but I still like the look of it and the colors ( still feel warm even if it's snowing like crazy ). Comments welcome, thanks..

Real Name
    Chris

Re: my first picture during evening, in the snow fall..

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mariejo View Post
    Hi, this is a picture I took last night during a snow storm...my camera was hand held and set on automatic... but I still like the look of it and the colors ( still feel warm even if it's snowing like crazy ). Comments welcome, thanks..

You can just see the flurries against the trees and with a combination of shutter speed and aperture settings you can capture that very easily, if that was your intent. Doing so would affect the color temperature of the snow but you can adjust in post processing. That being said, you actually have two different compositions here, the flurries against the trees and the frozen, lighted bushes in the foreground. I would cut this photo in half and recompose your image into two separate projects.

Bit of trivia, yesterday (Jan. 12th) snow fell in 49 of the 50 states in the U.S., no snow in Florida, and at least seventy percent of the country was covered in snow.
    Last edited by Shadowman; 13th January 2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added trivia

Real Name
    Marie-Josee

Hey thanks John...

just so you know: we rarely see snow up here, and we got a good load that night... I'm sure it was still cool in Florida as it was snowing everywhere else...wow!

Real Name
    Chris

I can't speak for the folks in Clearwater, where John lives, but in Panama City, FL where I live, it was colder here last night than it was in Boise, Idaho - which is 2,300 miles north. We hit the teens and I don't care where you're from, when you hit anything below 27, it's COLD!

Real Name
    Remco

Don't come live around here then: houses are normally heated at about 20, and some would like us to go down to 18