Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: How do I use ISO effectively?

Real Name
    happy

How do I use ISO effectively?

can u please tell mee how to use ISO effectively.......?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Iso

Happy

Welcome to the CiC forum. Hopefully you've been visiting as a guest for long enough to know that this is site dedicated to learning and is a place where everyone tries to help others as much as they can.

In answer to your question, I would suggest that the first place to start is at this tutorial (click here) written by Sean, the site owner. I think this will give you a very good introduction to how to use ISO.

Once you have read the tutorial, you should then come back here to the forum with your questions.

Why not tell us a bit about yourself in the thread devoted to Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members
    Last edited by Donald; 17th October 2010 at 09:12 PM.

Real Name
    Jeroen

Hello Harsh Kalta,

Welcome to the Cambridge in Colour Forums. If you're willing to be part of the forum from now you might want to introduce yourself tot the other forum members. That can be done here.

To answer your question:
    ISO is a value that represents the sensitivity of the camera's sensor (if you're shooting digital) or the film (if you're using film). Thus changing the ISO changes the amount of light you need to capture to get a proper exposure. Changing your ISO settings is rather simple, just read your camera's manual to find out (off course your camera has to have the ability to change the ISO value, though most of the compact cameras and all DSLR cameras have this ability).

For correct exposure there are primarily three things to change on your camera: Shutter speed, aperture and ISO. I recommend you to read CiC's "Understanding Camera exposure: Shutter speed, aperture and ISO speed" tutorial. Everything you want to know about ISO, shutter speed, aperture and correct exposure and making the right choices. And make sure you read other tutorials as well, they are very helpful. If you have questions about the tutorials or not every question is answered in a tutorial, feel free to ask on the forums.

Real Name
    happy

thank u!!!!!!!!!!!