Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Young at heart

Young at heart

Hi, I am a long retired (but bursting with enthusiasm) 74 year old.

I have been involved in photography since my 10th birthday when I was given a Brownie 127. Family portraits were my best subject and I have done all my darkroom days.

I joined our local photographic club here in the UK (Welwyn Garden City) in 2007.

ONLY THEN was it that I really found out what photography was all about. Since then I have been Chairman of the club for several years, but happily I have now done my stint and am glad to be back to full time photography once again.

I love landscapes, portraits and wildlife and my latest interest is street photography. I have entered very many competitions and put several prints in galleries. I've had a few notable successes along the way too.

Always with other photographers, I travel to all sorts of places in the UK and overseas, so landscapes and people figure highly. It is the overseas trips where my other lifetime love, languages, gets re-polished. Whether it be to France, Spain, Portugal or Russia, together with photography, it all helps to keep my brain active.

My last trip was to Cuba in November - what a photographer's paradise - and I attach an image 'Cuban Girl' that I took there.

My current gear is a Nikon D810 (following, respectively a D800 and a D200) and have a big collection of all Nikon lenses, Gitzo tripod and Arca Swiss ball head.

For street photography I have an Olympus EPL-5, it's flip screen and with the fabulous 40mm prime Panasonic lens, allows me to get in close and produces excellent results.

I have always held CiC in high regard and it is my 'go to' website for the definitive answer to all my photographic and printing problems.

I look forward to a closer relationship with all of you, in trying to take my images to the next level.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    John

Re: Young at heart

Welcome to the group, looking forward to seeing more of your captures.

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Excellent use of light.

there are more of us close to your age than you think.

Marie

Real Name
    Richard

Welcome to this great site, populated by some really nice people. BTW: my first camera was also a Brownie 127!