Thread: Strange Effect in ACR

Real Name
    John

Strange Effect in ACR

I have just noticed that when I use the brush tool for a localised adjustment in ACR (PS CC), the adjusted area is offset from the brush. The adjustment happens at about 4.00 o'clock relative the brush and about a cm away. Doesn't happen for any other tool. Anyone else see this? Am I missing something? Anyone any ideas?

Re: Strange Effect in ACR

John, I just tried my adjustment brush in ACR and it seems fine. Can't help you other than that though.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Might be useful to give us some image related dimensions John,

e.g.
    size of image (pixels along each edge)
    view zoom factor when this happens
    size of brush
    estimate of pixel offset (rather than cm on your screen, whose size we don't know)

Have you tried 'switching off and on again'? - IOW restarting at least PS CC and ideally the whole computer, since the cursor position is carried out in the OS?

Real Name
    John

Thanks Rita, thanks Dave. I was only really enquiring whether I was suffering a problem or whether there was a function/adjustment that I hadn't spotted. However, it looks like I have a problem. I might reinstall PS CC (and a load of plug-ins ) and see if that removes the effect. I am slightly suspicious however, because there has just been a substantial W 10 update.

Real Name
    John

It's looking like the W10 anniversary update might be the cause. I'm also finding other programs that have inexplicably changed e.g. the view on my Outlook Calendar has gone to a default view.

Real Name
    John

Plus CS6 ACR is not responding to the brush tool in the way that it should although in a different way.

Real Name
    Eugen

It is sort of a weird thing - that offset between the brush and affected area is showing very well on my Surface Tablet but my desktop is just fine. I am running the same software version on both of them.
    I guess it is something device specific.

Real Name
    John

Eugen, I subsequently published an update HERE that you might find useful.

Real Name
    Eugen

Thanks John, I have read your thread previously but the text scaling didn't register
    I have indeed upscaled the text because on a tablet, the text gets really-really tiny at 100%.

Good find.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by enaiman View Post
    It is sort of a weird thing - that offset between the brush and affected area is showing very well on my Surface Tablet but my desktop is just fine. I am running the same software version on both of them.
    I guess it is something device specific.
    I thought we'd seen an answer to this query, must have been in a different thread.

UPDATE: see what happens when you open several tabs and work through, you miss the most recent posts and look daft - although some say I just look daft anyway!

IIRC, I believe it related to any Operating System applied magnification factor applied to make text or icons bigger, with the suggestion that a recent OS update had affected the way this was applied in certain programs (aka apps).

I found this when I googled this morning: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1405422

It may be relevant (to John or Eugen), even if some of the factors are not.

Real Name
    John

Eugen, I had the same problem but I have since discovered that it only occurs at an upscale value of 200%. I have now set my desktop to 150% and although some things are not optimal in terms of reading them as easily as before, it's all workable.