Thread: Canon 7D Mark ll

Real Name
    Roger

Canon 7D Mark ll

Adorama charged my account today and sent me a tracking e-mail, they overnight shipped it and according to the shipping company it will be here by 10:30 am. Awesome!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Canon 7D Mark ll

Mine is due to ship next week. I've been discussing some aspects of it here.
    Last edited by Donald; 31st October 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Real Name
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Mine is due to ship next week. I've been discussing some aspects of it here.
    Yes I was reading them last night, I just received mine and the battery is charging but I have to go to work until 9:00 PM looks like the first shots will be night shots.

Real Name
    Roger

Adorama is awesome I wasn't even aware that canon released the camera yet and got a email yesterday from Adorama that they were next day air shipping it to me! So it was in New York yesterday afternoon and I received it in So California at 9:30 AM today.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That's what you call good service.

Real Name
    Tareq Alhamrani

Congrats to all!!!

Real Name
    wm c boyer

I most likely would have sprung for one had it have had several more MP, that plus the fact that
    Kelby kept carping that it still is a baby brother to the dated 1DX.

Real Name
    Greg

The 7DII seems to be such a huge advance, that I have to wonder what is in store for the 5DIV and how far away that is. Maybe that mega MP camera is much closer than we might think.

In any case, I will be giving the 7DII serious consideration in the new year after all the bugs have been ironed out - and I am grateful to all the early adopters for doing that.

Real Name
    Patrik

To Roger and Donald. I have a Canon 60D and I have been quite pleased with it so far BUT one of the drawbacks has been the automatic focusing function and to a lesser extent the noise shown on higher ISO setting.

So I will follow your progress report regarding the Canon 7D Mark2 since by studying the manual it seems to answer all my questions.

Cheers / Patrik

Real Name
    Richard

A reminder...

If anyone is transitioning from a 40D or 50D to the 7D or 7D Mk2, and who uses a right angle finder, make sure that you have the correct adapter to fit the finder onto your viewfinder. The 7D (and I assume 7D Mk2) viewfinder eye-piece is not the same size as the 40D or 50D.

I only learned this after assuming that my 40D right angle finder would fit on my 7D. I only learned that the eye-piece size is different when I was getting ready to shoot some sunset shots of the Grand Canal in Venice. Not an opportune time for that revelation...

I really miss the right-angle finder so I just purchased this one on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/191283038466...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I often use my lightweight modified SLIK travel tripod but, that tripod is fairly low and using a right angle finder helps my back...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thanks Richard. Luckily I did hold on the various adapters that came with my Canon Angle Finder.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Thanks Richard. Luckily I did hold on the various adapters that came with my Canon Angle Finder.
    I don't "think" I ever got any adapters with my right angle finder other than the one that was on the finder. Actually I bought the finder over 10-years ago and at my age, I can't remember what I had for breakfast most days...