Thread: Thank you!

Real Name
    Kim

Thank you!

I started my lighting class last week. Starting that class has really highlighted for me how much this site has taught me. Between the tutorials, the individual's willing to post candid comments about my photos, and being able to view comments related to other member photos, I have learned soooo much! I just wanted to say thank you, and let you know how much it's appreciated.

Kim :-)

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Re: Thank you!

Have a great time in your class, Kim!!!!

'Rie

Real Name
    Shane

I second Marie's comment and your sentiment Kim. CiC is a great place

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

You started your class last week and you still haven't shown us what you learned? Seriously, have a great time!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Aww Kim...I am glad you are off to a good start. Photography is all about lighting. Hope you enjoy your journey there too and share with us what you learn...Best of luck, mate.

Real Name
    Edit is OK… always want to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Aww Kim...I am glad you are off to a good start. Photography is all about lighting. Hope you enjoy your journey there too and share with us what you learn...Best of luck, mate.
    +1. ;-)

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    +1. ;-)
    +2 Have a great time Kim

David

Real Name
    Haseeb Modi

Good luck and hope you excel!

Real Name
    John

Have fun!

Real Name
    Kim

Thank you everyone. We did product lighting last night... I know that's something I wouldn't want to do, although I found it interesting. In addition, the instructor's final result wasn't nearly as pleasing as the helmet Mike posted. :-)

Real Name
    Binnur

Have a nice time Kim. I hope you will learn a lot

Real Name
    Richard

I enjoy comments about my images and am never thin skinned about the comments. IMO, constructive criticism is the only way we learn. I have made changes on , Charger's First Halloween and the final result has been (IMO) an improvement...

Often I have noticed the problems that are mentioned in the critique and was just too lazy to correct those problems (hoping no one else would notice) and other times I have not at all noticed the problems mentioned. I learn from both types of occasions. Kodiak has a blurb on his profile, "edit is OK... always want to learn!" That is exactly the way that I feel about my images.

Regarding doing additional PP on member's images, it is often easier to show a suggestion as an image than try to verbally explain where I am coming from!

Sometimes there are very good images posted that IMO could be great images with a bit of a change. However, this would be my opinion AND ONLY MY OPINION! I would not feel bad at all if the original poster states, "I don't agree because... "

I wonder if most of our members feel this way? Perhaps if a few persons don't want any additional PP posted for their images, they should mention so. OTOH, maybe it would be a good idea for me and for other people who feel like I do about critiques to follow Kodiak's lead and announce that it is OK to edit images!
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 1st October 2014 at 04:27 PM.

Real Name
    Kim

I learn from both types of occasions. Kodiak has a blurb on his profile, "edit is OK... always want to learn!" That is exactly the way that I feel about my images.

Regarding doing additional PP on member's images, it is often easier to show a suggestion as an image than try to verbally explain where I am coming from!

I wonder if most of our members feel this way? Perhaps if a few persons don't want any additional PP posted for their images, they should mention so. OTOH, maybe it would be a good idea for me and for other people who feel like I do about critiques to follow Kodiak's lead and announce that it is OK to edit images!
    I agree Richard. My opinion is that people have different views on this. For me, I am open to any and all comments, including people editing my image. I think it's a matter of getting to know people - you can usually tell by their response what their opinions might be. I like your suggestion to be clear in the posting - it would make it easier for all... And help that individual get what they are looking for.

Typically, I don't critique images... Since I am a newbie, I wouldn't want to misguide someone. On occasion, I will say something if my eye tells me to. :-)
    Last edited by KimC; 1st October 2014 at 09:03 PM.