Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

  1. #1
    agaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    183

    Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Shooting data: My Nokia N97 phone

    Because driving automatic transmission requires using only one hand and one leg, my new hobby is to figure out what I can do with the spare hand, like taking pictures that would otherwise be impossible to be taken

  2. #2
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    20,237
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    However, it could be ever-so-slightly illegal. There's got to be something better to do with a spare hand - drink beer or whisky.

  3. #3
    Crabbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    33
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

    Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Or scratch your (whatever) ear?

  4. #4
    agaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    183

    Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Yeah, drinking beer when driving is SOOOOO legal
    The only other thing to do with the spare hand I came up was to eat entire footlong Subway sandwich while on freeway @ 60+ mph (and not end up having half of it on your laps).

    PS. The photo above doesn't show it (huge compression by facebook), but it's actually 5 MP, and pretty sharp. I'm surprised by the quality of the lens in this phone (Carl Zeiss btw) - not only focused at a speed of around 40 mph, did it quickly, and took a sharp shot (it was pretty cloudy morning, not a sunny day!). If I crop it, fix the tilt, and boost contrast a little bit in Photoshop, it can be actually a nice shot. I have to try similar shots with a driver and my DSLR and see if it turns out to be any better.

  5. #5

    Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by agaace View Post
    Because driving automatic transmission requires using only one hand and one leg my new hobby is to figure out what I can do with the spare hand...
    Drive two cars at same time?

    Something tells me you are going to get a lot of replies to this...

  6. #6
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,889
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Attach a gorilla pod to the steering wheel and set the camera to timer mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by agaace View Post
    Yeah, drinking beer when driving is SOOOOO legal
    The only other thing to do with the spare hand I came up was to eat entire footlong Subway sandwich while on freeway @ 60+ mph (and not end up having half of it on your laps).

    PS. The photo above doesn't show it (huge compression by facebook), but it's actually 5 MP, and pretty sharp. I'm surprised by the quality of the lens in this phone (Carl Zeiss btw) - not only focused at a speed of around 40 mph, did it quickly, and took a sharp shot (it was pretty cloudy morning, not a sunny day!). If I crop it, fix the tilt, and boost contrast a little bit in Photoshop, it can be actually a nice shot. I have to try similar shots with a driver and my DSLR and see if it turns out to be any better.

  7. #7
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,396
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Attach a gorilla pod to the steering wheel and set the camera to timer mode.
    Hmmm; a "Gorilla Pod" - that prompts a few questions;

    Is that like a Chicken Egg?

    Will it be cooked when the camera's timer goes off?
    Or is that when it hatches?

    Serious morning, light hearted lunch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •