Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

Bay Bridge, San Francisco

Bay Bridge, San Francisco

Shooting data: My Nokia N97 phone

Because driving automatic transmission requires using only one hand and one leg, my new hobby is to figure out what I can do with the spare hand, like taking pictures that would otherwise be impossible to be taken

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Bay Bridge, San Francisco

However, it could be ever-so-slightly illegal. There's got to be something better to do with a spare hand - drink beer or whisky.

Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

Or scratch your (whatever) ear?

Yeah, drinking beer when driving is SOOOOO legal
    The only other thing to do with the spare hand I came up was to eat entire footlong Subway sandwich while on freeway @ 60+ mph (and not end up having half of it on your laps).

PS. The photo above doesn't show it (huge compression by facebook), but it's actually 5 MP, and pretty sharp. I'm surprised by the quality of the lens in this phone (Carl Zeiss btw) - not only focused at a speed of around 40 mph, did it quickly, and took a sharp shot (it was pretty cloudy morning, not a sunny day!). If I crop it, fix the tilt, and boost contrast a little bit in Photoshop, it can be actually a nice shot. I have to try similar shots with a driver and my DSLR and see if it turns out to be any better.

Quote Originally Posted by agaace View Post
    Because driving automatic transmission requires using only one hand and one leg my new hobby is to figure out what I can do with the spare hand...
    Drive two cars at same time?

Something tells me you are going to get a lot of replies to this...

Real Name
    John

Attach a gorilla pod to the steering wheel and set the camera to timer mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by agaace View Post
    Yeah, drinking beer when driving is SOOOOO legal
    The only other thing to do with the spare hand I came up was to eat entire footlong Subway sandwich while on freeway @ 60+ mph (and not end up having half of it on your laps).

PS. The photo above doesn't show it (huge compression by facebook), but it's actually 5 MP, and pretty sharp. I'm surprised by the quality of the lens in this phone (Carl Zeiss btw) - not only focused at a speed of around 40 mph, did it quickly, and took a sharp shot (it was pretty cloudy morning, not a sunny day!). If I crop it, fix the tilt, and boost contrast a little bit in Photoshop, it can be actually a nice shot. I have to try similar shots with a driver and my DSLR and see if it turns out to be any better.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Attach a gorilla pod to the steering wheel and set the camera to timer mode.
    Hmmm; a "Gorilla Pod" - that prompts a few questions;

Is that like a Chicken Egg?

Will it be cooked when the camera's timer goes off?
    Or is that when it hatches?

Serious morning, light hearted lunch