Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wild Hog...

  1. #1
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Wild Hog...

    Last Friday my wife and I went to Merrit Island National Wildlife Refuge on the east coast of Florida (part of the land acquired for the Kennedy Space Center). In one of the open meadows we caught this hog out in the open. This is a big boar maybe 600 pounds of pork on the hoof. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

    #1

    Wild Hog...

    #2

    Wild Hog...

  2. #2
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,718
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Joe - Great clarity on the animal. A difficult challenge with the dark skin and the light toned grass. Overall, they both look as if the exposure could be pulled back a bit. They seem a bit bright and I think the coat of the boar could take it.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Wild Hog...

    That is a lot of bacon... Nice catch though closer would have been better but 600lbs, no way...

  4. #4
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Joe - Great clarity on the animal. A difficult challenge with the dark skin and the light toned grass. Overall, they both look as if the exposure could be pulled back a bit. They seem a bit bright and I think the coat of the boar could take it.

    Thanks Donald, your eyes see what I did not. I lost sight of how the whole image appeared. So much better now, as you say... pulling back the exposure a bit. Thanks again for the help.

    Wild Hog...

    Wild Hog...

  5. #5
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    That is a lot of bacon... Nice catch though closer would have been better but 600lbs, no way...
    Thanks Bobo, I did not need to be close enough to hear him grunting, I was satisfied with the vantage point I had. I am not as fast on my feet as I once was, tis why I concentrate on photographing birds... they are safe.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    .... I am not as fast on my feet as I once was, tis why I concentrate on photographing birds... they are safe.
    Same here bud, same here.

    Btw the edits are very good.

  7. #7
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Hi Joe,
    nice set; vastly improved with the suggested adjustments.
    Well done.

  8. #8
    jprzybyla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    3,073
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Hi Joe,
    nice set; vastly improved with the suggested adjustments.
    Well done.
    Thanks John, I appreciate you taking time to view and comment.

  9. #9
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    12,463
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Wild Hog...

    Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Thanks Bobo, I did not need to be close enough to hear him grunting, I was satisfied with the vantage point I had. I am not as fast on my feet as I once was, tis why I concentrate on photographing birds... they are safe.
    I agree! The nice thing about photographing birds is that except for seagull droppings, it is pretty darn safe...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •