Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Big fluffy cloud

Real Name
    Cheri

Big fluffy cloud

After a few months of being very busy I have once again picked up my camera and have decided to make clouds be my inspiration. This picture was taken with my iPhone, I did not have my other cameras with me. I do love the picture, but being new to taking pictures of clouds any comments are welcome. The picture was taken in the afternoon.

From now on I will be packing my camera along with my iPhone

Big fluffy cloud

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Big fluffy cloud

Cheri, you captured a dramatic cloud formation. I know it was taken with iPhone and do not know what control you have over the processing. The cloud is blown out; there is no detail in the area just to the left of center. If you are using an image processing software, consider lightening the trees and land in front of the trees a small amount. Don't over do it because the darker land shows off the curvature of the foreground ground. Also since your interest is the clouds, consider cropping off the bottom of the image leaving a bit of grass below the rock on the right. Doing so removes some of the area that tends to draw your eye away from the clouds. My two cents. Others may have different opinions.

Real Name
    Cheri

Thank you Ken I will give that a try and post what I accomplished this weekend.

Real Name
    David Reid

I've heard that the best camera in the world is the one that you have with you. I caught one of my favorite images on a Droid X. Didn't like the phone, but did manage to capture a few nice images with it.