Thread: Chimney Rock National Park

Chimney Rock National Park

Hello,

I recently visted Chimney Rock National Park in North Carolina. There were plenty of wonderful scenes to photograph but my favorite was Hickory Nut Falls. It was majestic and a delight to photograph. I have posted some of my favorite shots but please feel free to visit my blog (jacobwalkerphotography.wordpress.com) if you would like to see more or read about my trip.

- Jacob

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Chimney Rock National Park

The last of the the three images is by far the most appealing to me. I have to ask why you included the person in the lower right corner of the second one, as I can't think of a reason to do so.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Jacob: some good images of the rockface with the water flowing down it, however in my mind moving back, seeing more of the total rockface would have been more impressive and given a grander feeling of size.

Cheers:

Allan

Mike,

Thank you for your comments! The last image is the same as the first one except that it was processed in Corel PaintShop Pro. I was kind of pressed for time since the park was about to close, so at the time of shooting I didn't even realize that the person was in the frame.

- Jacob

Allan,

Thank you for your feedback! I agree with you. Maybe I can get a shot of the entire rockface next time I visit .

- Jacob