Very well done!

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: ...as in a dream!

Thank you very much Ludwig.

Real Name
    Louise

Just like lace in a Victorian time gone by. Yes, like in a dream! The rendition is spot on. Bravo!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Given that I haven't a clue how you go about making these wonderfully imaginative and creative images, I don't what my suggestion really is, but it's something like ........

Could/Should the strength/intensity of the 'wisps' floating horizontally across the front of the flowers, be subdued ever-so-slightly so that they became less prominent (but still obvious) than the flowers? Hope I'm making sense.

Just a thought.

Sharon you take a little time off of flowers and then come back with yet another superb "Masterpiece". Wow! It's just beautiful! Can I ask "How did you do that?"

Real Name
    Sharon

Thanks Carl and Donald.

It's quite a simple process really. I take pictures of 'textures'..in this case wispy white rose petals then overlay it on the picture I want to use and alter the the strength and lightness of the texture until I get a balance between the two that works to my liking. It's worth building up a library of 'textures' so you have them to hand...anything from brickwork to lace can alter the mood of a shot quite radically.

So, yes Donald the intensity could be lessened but I tried it at different strengths and at a lower level it just looked less attractive and more of a distraction than part of the piece. I chose the 'blend' that appealed most to my eye but that is obviously a very personal thing and may not be to everyone's taste.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    ... the intensity could be lessened but I tried it at different strengths and at a lower level it just looked less attractive and more of a distraction than part of the piece. I chose the 'blend' that appealed most to my eye
    Okey-dokey!

Real Name
    Sharon

I think it depends on whether the most important aspect is the flower or the mood.... in this case the mood was much more important to me and the flower simply a conduit for that.

A different flower or a different day and my emphasis might have tipped towards the structural detail.

Thanks Carl and Donald.

It's quite a simple process really. I take pictures of 'textures'..in this case wispy white rose petals then overlay it on the picture I want to use and alter the the strength and lightness of the texture until I get a balance between the two that works to my liking. It's worth building up a library of 'textures' so you have them to hand...anything from brickwork to lace can alter the mood of a shot quite radically.

So, yes Donald the intensity could be lessened but I tried it at different strengths and at a lower level it just looked less attractive and more of a distraction than part of the piece. I chose the 'blend' that appealed most to my eye but that is obviously a very personal thing and may not be to everyone's taste.
    Thank You for sharing!
    I will have to look into this library of textures and wether or not they can be applied in PSE10 and learn to apply them.

Real Name
    Sharon

I don't use Photoshop much Carl.

Will pm you some links that you might find useful.

Anyone else who is interested just shout and I will post the links.

Real Name
    Ian

Hi Sharon,
    I've been following your recent posts with interest and increasing admiration... not been sure what to say about them other than how good they are and how impressed I've been.. and could have said so before, so won't hold back any longer... Brilliant..!
    I love the way you take what might be perceived as a fairly commonplace or 'ordinary' subject and transform it through your attention to light and 'atmosphere'.
    Exemplary, inspirational work... Publishing? Exhibitions?
    Ian

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I think it depends on whether the most important aspect is the flower or the mood.... in this case the mood was much more important
    And it must always remain.

I didn't mean to suggest, at all, that it should be a picture of a flower - that would be grossly simplistic in terms of what you are doing here and elsewhere. You are creating images, using flowers as a central theme. Always, always, always, it must be about mood and atmosphere.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thanks Donald...I in no way took your comments amiss, indeed I went back and tried a different balance as I have the utmost respect for your judgement but for me on this day/mood/flower I couldn't better it as the expression of what was in my crazy head.

Ian..I am blown away by your comments. Thank you so very much, feedback means such a lot.

In truth, I just do what I do because I love it...am pretty scatty and am only just getting round to putting a decent portfolio together . I have done some commissions and had a few pics published but am a MILLION years away from Exhibitions and the like.

Appreciate it!

I don't use Photoshop much Carl.

Will pm you some links that you might find useful.

Anyone else who is interested just shout and I will post the links.
    Thanks for the links Sharon. I will be hitting them tonight and learn something new hopefully.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in Louisiana View Post
    Thanks for the links Sharon. I will be hitting them tonight and learn something new hopefully.
    Just enjoy it.

Real Name
    Greg

Sharon that is an amazingly beautiful image and I'm with Ian, without a doubt your work is worthy of public exhibition.
    I would love to have a look at the links if you wouldn't mind posting them.
    Well done, Greg

Real Name
    Sharon

Late at night here Greg..will post them in the morning.

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Real Name
    randy

As usual, Sharon, your shot reaffirms that photography is a viable artform. I wish I had your vision.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thank you randy.

Greg...I have posted the links here

...as in a dream (2)