Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mountain view in B+W

Real Name
    Gary

Mountain view in B+W

Hello,

I recently had Adobe Elements on a 30 day trial. I scanned an old print in and then changed it into black and white. I think it looks pretty good! See below. Any comment or thoughts?

Cheers for now

Gary

Mountain view in B+W

Real Name
    John

Re: Mountain view in B+W

Looks good, did you run it through Camera RAW before doing the final editing. I would think your exposure meter was on the high side.

Real Name
    Reynold Mainse

Beautiful photo. There seems to be a lot of specks, dirt, etc. on the image following your scan. You might want to clean up the image with software be you show it any further. I also see a lot of horizontal lines perhaps from the scan... Perhaps some noise reduction would help.
    Welcome to Cambridge in Colour
    reynold

Real Name
    Gary

Hello,

Thanks for comments. Unfortunately my trial has finished so I don't have the edit option anymore!

I basically opened the .jpeg file in RAW mode then did edits there. I used a book by Scott Kelby(?) as a reference. In it he suggested that converting to black and white would be better if the RAW edit options were used. Rather than the other options in Elements.

Yes, I don't think my scan was the best(it was scanned at 300 dpi). But it at least provided a good exercise to be able to use the software.

I also agree about the marks etc. It does need a lot of cleaning up to improve it!

Cheers for now

Gary