Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Can you see the deliberate error?

Real Name
    Steve

Can you see the deliberate error?

I've been stupid and got PSE10, silly billy.

It is a screem, my printer don't work anymore, well the bit I used to use doesn't. I spent hours on this losing the will to live and just before I went blind uploaded it.

Well I was going to call this Fluid Motion before I remembered hot steam is probably a gas, but can you see the error.

Bet you can see more than I can

Real Name
    Al

Re: Can you see the deliberate error?

For what it's worth, gases are fluids (the term "fluid" includes both liquids and gases, since they both flow).

Real Name
    Ian

Hi Steve,

The borders seem wrong somehow. Did you intend them to be a different size at the top to the side?

In taking the shot, I think I would have tried to lose the tall post just under the lads arm, and either cut out the lower fencing or given it a bit more DoF.

I like the composition including lad taking the picture, as his camera directs your attention. The guy in the orange jacket distracts, could he be cloned away as he adds little to the scene, unlike the driver who actually makes it.

The finials and telegraph post sticking out of the top of the engine should also be "lost" and a slightly lower viewpoint might have avoided these or they could cloned out.

Finally, the signal arm is significant to the composition but is soft, so much so, that I wonder if it was part of the effect you were trying to achieve?

Are tbe coaches in the distance essential to the shot, or might a tighter crop work here too?
    Last edited by shreds; 2nd October 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Real Name
    Steve

Yes Ian, I knew somebody would see more. The signal is soft because of dispersion and I hid it by blurring. The telegraph could go as could the bloke trying to get run over.

The fence post is harder since I couldn't get any other angle due to people/photographers and more fence.

But I was thinking of the Dot in the sky. Cheers

Real Name
    Ian

Viewing on a highly reflective ipad can make the dot less discernable!

Real Name
    Steve

Done in Helicon Filter since I just can't use that content aware brush in PSE