Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Beautiful Sunset

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Beautiful Sunset

Taken while I was on my way home from work....

Beautiful Sunset

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Beautiful Sunset

You know - the last time I saw a scene like that was on the last night of my dive trip to Wakatobi. Thanks for bringing back fond memories, Chong. I wish I could see this every day.

- Bill

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    You know - the last time I saw a scene like that was on the last night of my dive trip to Wakatobi. Thanks for bringing back fond memories, Chong. I wish I could see this every day.

- Bill
    My pleasure Bill. Just so glad to bring back happy memories to someone with my photo Cheers!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Chong,

Beautiful shot. I'd bet that if you could have waited around for about 20 minutes, that your beautiful sky would have turned to an even more dazzling mixture of yellow, red and dark blue as the sun dipped below the horizon. You have a good eye for composition!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    You have a good eye for composition!
    I agree. That one is put together in a way that uses the elements in the frame (land, trees, sky) to best advantage.

The one thing I wondered about was how it would look by taking a bit off the top to take it to a 4 x 5 ratio. But that's just because it's an aspect ratio that I prefer.

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Chong,

Beautiful shot. I'd bet that if you could have waited around for about 20 minutes, that your beautiful sky would have turned to an even more dazzling mixture of yellow, red and dark blue as the sun dipped below the horizon. You have a good eye for composition!
    Thanks a lot for that lovely CiC Frank...I guess I have to try your suggestion and hope that I'll be able to do justice on it It is really nice to observe the surroundings first before firing away! Thank you for the tip Frank! Cheers!

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I agree. That one is put together in a way that uses the elements in the frame (land, trees, sky) to best advantage.

The one thing I wondered about was how it would look by taking a bit off the top to take it to a 4 x 5 ratio. But that's just because it's an aspect ratio that I prefer.
    Thank you so much Donald! Whoaaahhh what a comment from a very respected Photog Do you mean making a landscape out of this? I have versions of landscape orientation of this photo and would post it too soon! Cheers!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Do you mean making a landscape out of this? I have versions of landscape orientation of this photo and would post it too soon! Cheers!
    No, I was meaning to keep it in portrait orientation, but to crop some of the sky from the top of the picture. I think at the moment it is in a 2:3 portrait ratio. A 4:5 ratio would result in the ratio of width to height changing and the image becoming less 'tall and thin'.

I hope you don't mind, but this is what I mean:

Beautiful Sunset

You may feel it cuts out too much of the sky.

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    No, I was meaning to keep it in portrait orientation, but to crop some of the sky from the top of the picture. I think at the moment it is in a 2:3 portrait ratio. A 4:5 ratio would result in the ratio of width to height changing and the image becoming less 'tall and thin'.

I hope you don't mind, but this is what I mean:

Beautiful Sunset

You may feel it cuts out too much of the sky.
    Oh Okie I got it now Donald...yeah it does look better Thanks for the Tip again.....No I don't mind at all...please feel free to give me some pointers please...Thank you once again! Cheers!